gugu"s teddies gugu;s teddies
durban

Hello All you Ladies living within this devestation
I  hope you and your dear ones are safe and sound
Thinking of you all, we dont realise in SA how lucky we are with our weather
Hugs Paula

Us Bears Pennsylvania

The newscasters over hyped this one.

Yes, New York got hit hard but it wasn't as bad as it could have been.

When the storm came on shore it hit a mass of cold air and fizzled pretty quickly.

In Pennsylvania, we were supposed to have two days of rain and high winds but it only lasted a few hours then died down.
The weather is still rainy but there's almost no wind.

It turned out to be no worse than an ordinary storm for us.

There's flooding and wind damage in New York but they can handle it.
New York City has one of the best disaster response teams in the world.  (They've had practice.)

I feel bad for people in New York and I hope everybody is all right but, know what?  New Yorkers are tough!  :D

The thing that bugged me most is how the news made it sound like the sky was falling.
It was a bad storm.  Really bad!  But that doesn't justify them making it sound like the world is coming to an end!
Those news people are going to cry wolf one time too many and people will stop listening to them.  Then, when something REALLY bad happens, nobody is going to listen to them.  That will be real trouble!  bear_sad

KJ Lyons KJ Lyons Design
Seattle, WA
Website

I didn't escape the storm all the way across the country in Seattle. I just got my email and website back up, again. My provider is on Long Island and they were knocked out for over a day. Sounds as though a majority of my family members in NY and CT have large trees down. My in-laws, in their 80's, had a tree fall on their house on Long Island, NY. They're OK but their electricity is out. They're driving over to my sister-in-law's who also has a tree down and no electricity. But they figure they'll fare better if they're all together. But no one was hurt! It's going to take a loooong time to clean up the mess! Can you imagine the smell in the NYC subways with all the dampness and drowned rats!
Got this during the storm from my cousin in CT. The drop in pressure during the storm blew a lot of people’s doors open. I thought that only happened in tornadoes?
‘Now I'm getting scared __ my back door blew open and all the bedroom doors popped open. I'm in my bedroom with my two little girls.’
Karen

BatFinchBears BatFinch Bears

It's a very nice reminder of how lucky I am to live somewhere that *touch wood* never has that extreme weather other than occasionally too much rain.

I can only hope that none of you are affected too severely by the hurricane. It must be so scary to go through them!! ...I can only imagine what it's like.

Unfortunately wherever those things go they leave behind a trail of destruction. Scary scary

gugu"s teddies gugu;s teddies
durban

god Bless keep safe i have just been looking at New Jersey and other places imagine wakeing up in the morning to find 3 boats sitting on your lawn. Question WY dont they builed house out of BRICKS and MORTAR. any way to all thoes that have been affected I am thinking of you all
If anyone reads this from SA  (they know what im talking about) you will thank GOD you dont have ESKOM as your electricity supplier as you would have no power for at 1year at least
Take care and keep smiling if thats possible
Paula

rkr4cds Creative Design Studio (RKR4CDS)
suburban Chicago

They even forecast Lake Michigan to act like a huge bathtub, with the water sloshing about side-to-side and waves up to 20 feet high hitting this western shore. High winds extending into Indiana & Illinois..
Still - I'd rather be safe than sorry, as it's said. Let all of the Chicken Littles run their heads off, it's better to be prepared with water, food & boarded up. or better still boarded up & Gone! I cannot see staying in your home in the direct path of any coming storm like that.   (A whole different topic!)
I think one tends to stay near the place you were born, if job or other situations don't move you on. I feel pretty lucky/fortunate to have been born near one of the least likely tragic weather areas in the world. (except for the quirky New Madrid fault-line!)

KJ Lyons KJ Lyons Design
Seattle, WA
Website

My sister-in-law told me that her father on Long Island NY is staying in a shelter, he is in his 80's and has not had electricity for 7 days (she's in Florida and even if she could get to LI, traveling out to him would be difficult because of the no gas situation). He told her that they had chicken soup for breakfast, today, because they are running out of food at the shelter. bear_sad

KJ Lyons KJ Lyons Design
Seattle, WA
Website
rkr4cds wrote:

They even forecast Lake Michigan to act like a huge bathtub, with the water sloshing about side-to-side and waves up to 20 feet high hitting this western shore. High winds extending into Indiana & Illinois..
Still - I'd rather be safe than sorry, as it's said. Let all of the Chicken Littles run their heads off, it's better to be prepared with water, food & boarded up. or better still boarded up & Gone! I cannot see staying in your home in the direct path of any coming storm like that.   (A whole different topic!)
I think one tends to stay near the place you were born, if job or other situations don't move you on. I feel pretty lucky/fortunate to have been born near one of the least likely tragic weather areas in the world. (except for the quirky New Madrid fault-line!)

Bobbie, that's funny bear_happy Not one of my four siblings live near where we were born and even my parents moved across country and lived there most of their lives. I'm living in Seattle and my early years were across the country in CT.

Board footer