Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

kathytaylor Ruby Mountain Bears
Northern Nevada, USA

These are the traditions at our house. Christmas eve we will spend with friends probably at our house. Eating cookies and playing games. Christmas morning we will get up put the homemade carmel pecan buns in the oven and read the Christmas story from the Bible. We have done that every year. It was a tradition with my husbands family, and we continue it in our own. Our old church always had a Christmas eve candlelight service. Since Christmas is on Sunday this year our church will be having Special Christmas service.  We will open our presents one at a time till all are opened, then its off to church. After that we'll go to my Fathers house.They only live 7 miles from us. We'll open more presents and Eat dinner with them.
For my Children now 16, and 15 years old these past few years with my Dad and stepmother have been wonderful. My parents divorced when I was in high school. My mother walked out on us. And to say the least my relationship with my mom has been strained. She was kind of nasty person, all ways saying something awful to me or my kids so consequently even when she lived near us we never saw her much. My dad just assumed that I was involved in a relationship with my mom, so was rather distant to me. about four years ago I had the opportunity to tell him that I had no relationship with her and He has been trying to make up for all the time he missed. It has been really good for my Kids because they have no other grandparents. We even moved closer to Him about two years ago so my kids could be with them more. My Inlaws both passed away while my children were babies or very young.
Christmas is Very Special spending it with family.
I hope that you all are Blessed this year at Christmas and in the coming Year!
Love,
Kathy

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

1. EAT
2. DRINK TO EXCESS
3. EAT
4. SLEEP THAT LOT OFF
5. DRINK TO EXCESS
6. EAT
7. PLAY TWISTER WITH FRIENDS WHO ARE AS DRUNK AS WE ARE
8. DRINK
9. SLEEP

All very traditional stuff really

Penny  :hug:

Sandi.S. Posts: 1,277

This year will be a little different. We usually drive 4 hours to Chicago to be with my fiancee's parents on Christmas Eve and then back home on Christmas day. But we can't make it this year and they can't make it down here either.  bear_sad  So, we'll stay home on Christmas Eve with our daughter. Hmm, I wonder if I'm expected to make a huge meal as Christmas Eve is the "big day" in my fiancee's traditions. Anyway, my daughter will open presents from Mommy & Daddy; and Daniel and I will exchange our gifts. Then on Christmas morning, my daughter will open presents from Santa. In the early afternoon we'll head over to my parents' house. All of my brothers and sisters and their families will be there. We'll have an early dinner, then more gift opening! In the evening the kids will be playing with all their new toys and destroying grandma's house! While they're busy, the adults usually play cards...which means the men usually drink too much and the women end up driving home!

We always have a big party at my aunt's house too. It was just this past Saturday. It's pretty big with all of my mom's family. She has eight brothers & sisters and they all have lots of kids and now those kids are starting families. There must've been a good 40-50 people there!

Board footer