Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

student bearmaker Northern Ireland

I made my first mini teddy as a Christmas gift for my sister. He is from a pattern by the great Australian artist Monica Spicer whose generous free online tutorials have been very helpful to an inexperienced crafter like me.
He stands at just under 4 inches/9.5 cms.
I found the tiny footpads very challenging and mistakenly thought because the seam allowance was so small I could sew them by eye but next time I think I'll have to mark the sewing line to get a more perfect shape.I don't think I'll be rushing to make another mini because I found it very fiddley, I prefer 8/10 ins size. This experience has made me appreciate the special skills displayed in those award winning minis we see displayed here and dressing those tiny creatures is just mind blowing  bear_wacko .
1357810185_olsen_stand.jpg
1357810284_olsen_sit.jpg

Conni Germany

bear_wub Wonderful! So little!!!! Beautiful present with a lot of soul.

Thanks very much Conni for those lovely compliments  bear_original .
Very beary wishes.

SharonKing Posts: 36

He's very sweet.. I'm sure your sister appreciated your labour of love!

bear_original Many thanks for these encouraging comments.He was a much loved Christmas gift,makes the hours of crafting even more worthwhile.

customteddys Custom Teddys
Juneau, Alaska

You'll try it again... yes you will. Something will draw you back into the world of mini's again. Maybe not soon... your hands have to heal first  bear_original  He is quite adorable  bear_wub  Vicki

bear_rolleyes bear_thumb Aaawww thanks Vicki.I'm sure you're right I will give minis another try sometime but in the meantime I'm back in my comfort zone with a 10ins/25cms panda pattern.

Board footer