Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

gugu"s teddies gugu;s teddies
durban

good morning
Are there any SA Bear Makers who could assist me with a supplier for Bear Claws
I have just read (making claws by Desertmountinbear,I cannot buy any of the compond she uses to make the claws
If any one has a couple dozen there not useing I would love to buy from you and pay the postage from wherever you are
Hope some one can help
Hugs Paula

BlackmoonBear Sacred Bear Studios
Saint Petersburg, Florida

Hiya...have you ever used Sculpy (or Fimo) Polymer clay ?  I use Sculpy 3 for my bear claws, it's available at ANY craft store (at least here in the US) it's durable and easy, I can crank out a set of 20 in less than 2 hours including baking time, and they mount and hold up well....I poke holes through the bases of mine so that they can be stitched on, they are quite strong.
Hope that helps!

gugu"s teddies gugu;s teddies
durban

Hi There
Thankyou i can get fimo ill buy and try the clay i have at present you air dry do you think that will work i suppose ill have to try. I have never seen Sculpy in SA but ill will have a good scout around
Keep Smileing

Francesca KALEideaSCOPE
Rheinfelden
Website

I also use Fimo polymer clay to make claws and noses. I've read that it is nor as resistant as Epoxy (I mean to try it in the future....) but it works just fine!

HeidiBears florida

Yup, I also found that FIMO is the best for making claws out there as well! I usually make sure I get the kind that says "Soft" as well, its not quite as dry as the original and its not as hard (regular works just fine after you play with it for a bit but i've had times when its too brittle to even get started.. I think some people actually run it through a noodle machine first or so I've heard bear_grin ). You bake it in the oven for around 20 minutes at around 230F/110C.

Francesca KALEideaSCOPE
Rheinfelden
Website

You are right Heidi, I also use Fimo Soft, it is very easy to work with!

Board footer