Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

Well actually,I plan on making my 11 year old ,"monkey crazy " daughter a mohair monkey in the near future and will be looking for a really good pattern .I hope to take Judi's needle -felting course to do the face but in the meantime I was wondering if anyone out there has seen the "FurReal Chimp" put out by the company that makes the Love Cubs.I'm afraid my daughter will be very disappointed this Christmas   bear_cry   bear_cry  as this was her hearts desire.I didn't think it would be a problem but the only place they have appeared is Walmart and they only had three or four that were snapped up right away.I don't really want to get into a bidding war on ebay and cannot afford to pay dearly as my Christmas shopping money is gone at this point.
My smartie pants husband said today.... "Why didn't you ask one of your friends on the bear board if they have seen them"? It was kind of like a knock on the noggin   :doh:  because if I had been smart,I would have posted for help a few weeks ago and had time to send one of you the money to get me one if they are available.I know it's too late now but I'm wondering if any of you have seen them.

Thanks for ready my long-winded post.  bear_tongue

Pipa UK

I've never even heard of them so i've never come across one over here !
good luck making a monkey though. would love to see pics if you made it bear_original

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Oh I haven't seen a Fur real chimp - what a cute idea though - I love the Fur Real animals, they are GORGEOUS!
I bet we'll have the chimps here in Oz, by NEXT Christmas LOL

Good luck in both your search and your own monkey making!

Danni

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

B0009351ES.01._SCMZZZZZZZ_.jpgIs this it?

I'll give a look-see when I go Christmas shopping this weekend.

Hugs,

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

Yes Shelli,that's it.Thanks in advance for looking  bear_wub   bear_wub   :hug:   :hug:

BearBottoms 'Bear' Bottoms Originals
Ft. Bragg, NC

Me too, if I come across it I'll get it and let ya know... If you already have one by then, I always have my reciept!!

Kimberly W.

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

Thanks Kimberly  :hug:   :hug:

Helena Bears-a-Bruin!
Macclesfield, UK

Shari, I found 16 on ebay.ca, by searching on 'fur real chimp'. Some have the buy-it-now option. They seemed pricey at $90 and upwards tho. Is that the usual price? (And who can put a price on a child's excitement at Christmas anyway?!).

Wisdom Bears Wisdom Bears
Ayrshire, Scotland.

monk.JPGI have done loadsa Monkeys over here ,I have 2 Monkey collectors now too. Here is a Piccie. This one is called Molly .    Hugs Rita xxx

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

Hi Helena.Yes they are way overpriced on ebay and then there is shipping.They sell for $39.95 Canadian in the Walmart flyer and probably will sell for $19.95 after Christmas. I know you cannot put a price on a childs happiness but I am over my limit right now and it wouldn't be fair to my two other children to do that as they were given a limit on gifts.She is a very understanding girl and she will be okay if she gets a letter from Santa saying that the item will be late and that Mom has instructions to get it after Christmas as soon as it's available.

Rita,your monkey is adorable!! I know Jane made an awesome one not long ago also. I want to needle felt my face so it has character like Judi's lamb and smiling bears.Wish me luck   bear_grin

Helena Bears-a-Bruin!
Macclesfield, UK

Oh my goodness - what a mark-up!!! I had no idea what the normal price was, and I wouldn't want to spend so much on one either.

Enjoy your own monkey-making....look forward to seeing it!

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Hi Shari,
Have you checked the Walmart near me ?  If not I can go tomorrow and get one if they have any.   Let me know !

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

panda.jpgIt isnt available on ToysRUs.com or Amazon.com either - wow, it is like the next Tickle Me Elmo thing! I cant wait to go searching for the sold out toys when I have kids... I'll keep looking for you...
they have a panda one too...

and a polar bear.... http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/de … nce&s=toys  -that one isnt sold out... but if she is set on a chimp, I will keep looking...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Fur-Real-Friends-Fu … dZViewItem  this is the cheapest I found on ebay with buy it now... $89.... If I go out tonight with my hubby to our walmart, I will look for you but i didnt find anything online, sorry  bear_cry

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

Thanks girls.I have the panda,my husband gave it to me last Christmas. Tammy, that would be so wonderful if your Walmart or Toy's R Us had one,I could even get you to send it on the bus. Thanks girls,I really appreciate the help,just wish I had thought about it a few weeks earlier  bear_cry 

Big  bear_smile   :hug:   :hug:

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Shari, I tried , I really tried to find the monkey while I was out this morning.  He was no where to be seen- just a lot of Fur Real dogs  !   I hope someone can help out so your daughter isn't disappointed  bear_sad

kathytaylor Ruby Mountain Bears
Northern Nevada, USA

did you try going to Walmart.com they usually have everything in their flyer on the website and you could still get expedited shipping???
I have ordered from them sometimes you can get better prices off their web site too. If it's not on back order you can get it but probably not before Christmas now.

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

i already looked on there Kathy - no luck  bear_sad

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

Girls,thank-you from the bottom of my heart and bless you all... my prayers to St.Jude were just answered (read monkey miracle) and Walmart just called. Thank-you one and all!!  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  bear_wub  bear_wub

Board footer