Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

Boop Posts: 124

Hi you all! I've been wondering for a while: do you ever post Work in Progress-pics anywhere? I love to see other peoples wip-photos, and pics of workspaces etc. Off course I'm totally inspired by all the finished bears, but I also get very inspired by watching unfinished work, seeing how people work, and how they organise stuff. Am I the only one? Do you ever post wip on blogs or other places? bear_original
I always photograph my work a few times along the way. even if it's sewing, drawing, painting or whatever. Here's what I do now. A tiny hare. I make the pattern pieces as I go along, and I think my creatures just decides for them self what they will become from the first stitches...  bear_laugh

I would love to see other WIPs  bear_flower

1362005259_wip01.jpg

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

Hi Boop, I like to do WIP photos from time to time too ... here are some of my WIP blog posts, I hope you enjoy them bear_original

Making Chiltern Memories: http://allbear.blogspot.co.uk/2008/08/m … ories.html

One for the pot: http://allbear.blogspot.co.uk/2010/09/one-for-pot.html

Making a teddy bear: http://allbear.blogspot.co.uk/2010/04/m … -bear.html

KJ Lyons KJ Lyons Design
Seattle, WA
Website

Boop,
I just finished a series on my Facebook Page, KJ Lyons Design, showing images from each step I took while creating a Bobcat kitten. It was my first new design for 2013. I really enjoyed the whole process! Because I knew people were waiting for the next step in the design I found myself staying on schedule so they would not be disappointed  bear_happy I, also, had to be able to explain each step so it gave me a better understanding of how I work and how I might improve. I had hoped for more questions or suggestions, but people were very kind and, generally, had only encouraging comments.
http://www.facebook.com/KjLyonsDesign?ref=hl
1362066001_bcwillow2.jpg

Thea-MillyMe Milly Me®
Website

I love to see WIPS and do it myself from time to time. There are a few on my blog: http://milly-me-teddybears.blogspot.nl/ (just look and find the label WORK IN PROGRESS on the right side bar) and right now I have a WIP-shoot to follow on my FB page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Milly-Me … 587?ref=hl
For some reason there seems to be a lot of interest. Because I can see the stats of how many people are viewing at your photo's. I posted one photo of part 4 this afternoon and it already was viewed 207 times!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Quite a lot I think!
So keep them rolling those WIPS...........I love it!!!!!!!!!  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

KJ Lyons KJ Lyons Design
Seattle, WA
Website

Wow! Milly Me, your photographs are fantastic! I can see why you get so many hits, beautiful  bear_thumb

Thank you, all! I just had a great time watching all of your links! It is so educational to see and read about how you work. I learned a lot by seeing your pages and blogs. I will continue to follow them  bear_flower You all do amazing works!

Francesca KALEideaSCOPE
Rheinfelden
Website

I always find very interesting to read about work in progress and to see pictures of it. We have all developed our own way to develop a project...the 'behind the scenes' is always fascinating!
I have been updating and restyling my blog lately. I also often post pictures of my work in progress, and I have added several sections, one with pictures of my workspace. It has been hard work....but I enjoyed it very much! bear_original  bear_original
MY BLOG

KJ Lyons KJ Lyons Design
Seattle, WA
Website

Francesca, what a wonderful blog!  bear_thumb
Karen

Great blog, Francesca! I love your penguin feet-tutorial. I need to get my clay back out from the drawers. Your workspace looks amazing! So clean, bright and tidy! I wish I could be that tidy...  bear_laugh

Francesca KALEideaSCOPE
Rheinfelden
Website

Thank you Karen and Boop! I'm having real fun with the blog.
My workspace looks clean because I cleaned it before doing the pictures.... bear_grin  It can be really really messy when I'm in the middle of a project!

rowarrior The Littlest Thistle
Glasgow

Most of my blog these days is devoted to other kinds of sewing, but I did a series last year called Anatomy Of A Bear where I broke down every step I go through in making a bear, you can find it here:

http://thelittlestthistlecraftshop.blog … -bear.html

Wow, Katy! That was a lot of good reading! I started reading before leaving for work today, and could hardly wait to get home and continue reading. I haven't made any bigger bears yet - just miniatures, but after reading your blog, I would really like to try. I learned so much! Thank you for taking the time to make these posts.  bear_flower  Your bear turned out super cute!

rowarrior The Littlest Thistle
Glasgow

Glad you liked it, although I probably have about 50 zillion extra steps in there than the good guys  bear_laugh   It really was just how I do it rather than how anyone else had to, but it was to show my sewing friends what was involved in making one, as, coincidentally, it was being made for another sewing friend, and a number of them had met some of my guys that I'd taken to an event last summer.

allykat Fincastle Bears
Nürnberg

I like to post WIPs. I do it mostly on my personal facebook for now. Once I finally have a "business name" settled and have more than one bear to my name I'll make a FB for the bears.

Anyway, here's the face of my newest little lady. I am so pleased that the nose came out just how I wanted because this is my first pattern I drew myself!

1362922022_1841_10151342585853315_1645351641_n.jpg

Allykat, your wip looks great! Love the blue nose and the blue eyes. The shape of the head looks very nice too! I really enjoy making my own patterns too. So exciting to see how new patterns turn out when transfered into a real bear  bear_happy

allykat Fincastle Bears
Nürnberg

Thank you, Boop! I like how she's coming out, too. I was originally going to give her an open mouth like my first bear (just smaller) but she wound up with this adorable underbite and I decided to keep it. I just have to decide whether I want to embroider or needle felt her smile and finish needle felting her paw pads and she'll be ready to put together and put on her "make up." I think  my favorite part is drawing on the shading.

I love your bunny in your first post! That body shape is my favorite.

customteddys Custom Teddys
Juneau, Alaska

Thanks for the subject, Boop! I did a short WIP on my Facebook page for a customer who ordered a custom bear made from her Mother's vintage mink coat. Here's the link http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= … 121&type=1. Most people really don't understand the work it takes to make a bear... but we do, don't we!  bear_original Vicki

Vicki, that bear looks gorgeous! So soft and pretty! bear_wub  Thanks for showing us the wip. It must be really hard sewing in real fur. I started a miniature in real leather last week, but my fingers hurt just after sewing the head together.

customteddys Custom Teddys
Juneau, Alaska

Boop ... about the fingers. I "finally" made myself a thimble out of leather for my middle finger (the one I push the needle through the fabric with). I can't believe after all these years of ragged fingers that I finally came upon a solution. I've tried manufactured thimbles, but they are always too short and fall off my finger and are so cumbersome. Good luck with your little one! Show us pics please when you finish. bear_original Vicki

allykat Fincastle Bears
Nürnberg

Oh my gosh, that mink bear is GORGEOUS!

I've got a new WIP to show. I am still hoping to make it for the NTBAA... but I've been very sick (almost hospitalized, yikes!) and it's kind of looking doubtful... I'm trying to work on him today but I am on steroids which are making my hands shake.

Anyway, here's Hubie:

1364555852_20130329_115317_schurstabstrasse.jpg

He's coming along slowly but he's coming along. I am hoping for sleepy, droopy eyes and a big goofy grin. A lot more needle felting on this guy. He'll have a big face since he's the "All the same pattern" bear and I couldn't cut down his nose to accommodate the extra needle felting. I kind of like that look for him though so I think it works. I want him to be a cartoony, friendly guy.

I am going to needle felt him a little smiling cloud to be his buddy and to rest his weary head on.

Caroline D Posts: 150
Website

I've started on a mammoth with the fur that was left over from my blue bear (I bought way too much, not confident of how much there would be or that I could lay it out well enough, but as it turned out, I had loads left!). I've designed the pattern myself from scratch, so I shall see how well it comes out after all this time of no designing, but this is how it looks so far...
1364829450_mammoth_1.jpg

Caroline

Gantaeno Je Suis Lugly!
Website

I like to post WIP pics too, although they're usually iPhone photos on my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/jesuislugly?ref=hl

I like the 'sneak peek' feel of these posts and don't mind showing my work halfway though... I like seeing other peoples work this way too!

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Hey, Chloe . . . good to see you on Teddy Talk!  Give us a visit more often!

Gantaeno Je Suis Lugly!
Website

Thanks Sue Ann, it's good to have a bit of guilty bear making time bear_original I don't get much now that I'm teaching full time, so I'm glad to see some familiar faces!

Here's the finished (almost) product of my WIP...

8614436310_7c956d14bb.jpg
Squirrel Face 3 by Je Suis Lugly!, on Flickr

allykat Fincastle Bears
Nürnberg

I was so impressed I had to Like your FB page- amazing work!

1364995844_hubie.jpg

Hubie's nearing the finish line. It has been like four years since I last knitted. ;.; I'm blending some of his brown body fur into his (white) paw pads then I'll be attaching and doing the finishing touches. Hoping to finish him tonight or tomorrow!

Board footer