Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

Francesca KALEideaSCOPE
Rheinfelden
Website

Hello!
I've been toying with my new blog lately. I would love to post some tutorials. I always found other people's tutorials very interesting and stimulating, and I wish to share my little experience. As I'm at the 'nose' stage now in my bear, a NOSE tutorial it is! bear_original bear_original
This is my first tutorial ever, I would love some feedback!
Thanks!
http://kaleideascope.blogspot.ch/

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

It's extremely generous of you to be so giving with info for others...and it's a great tutorial. I have done this method too..but I use apoxie resin. I don't put the eye in I just stitch through the nose and mould it on to the muzzle...let that harden off then put another smooth layer of 'nose' on to it. The fact that apoxie resin self cures and sticks to anything means you can blend it in with the fabric. I have even felted fibres through it while its still soft and it worked quite well.

binglebears bingle bears
Upstate, NY

That was a lovely tutorial with some tips that I haven't seen before.  I particularly liked the binder clip idea when baking!  Perfect!  I also liked how you shaped the nose right on the bear.  Thanks!! bear_flower

clwilmot HandmadebyCarrie
Tallmadge, Ohio
Website

very informative, will have to try sometime bear_grin

Francesca KALEideaSCOPE
Rheinfelden
Website

Thank you ladies for the feedback. I had real fun doing it!

Jenny, I have heard about epoxy. It sounds interesting. I have heard of other artists using it. It is harder than Fimo, you don't need to bake it...I will have to try it sometime! bear_original

BatFinchBears BatFinch Bears

This is great! Thanks bear_original

It's wonderful to be able to see some of the techniques people use, especially those that I have no experience with. I have used fimo before, so I might have a go at making some noses, just to see how much practise my sculpting skills need. bear_original

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

I use apoxie sculpt...it's way harder than fimo. Taxidermists use it....

tcfolk TC Folk Originals
Tempe, AZ

Very nice detailed instructions!  Whoever is attempting this nose does not have to guess what you REALLY mean, or if anything is left out!  Congrarts  bear_thumb

student bearmaker Northern Ireland

Brilliant tutorial Francesca, very easy to understand with clear photos.I'm inexperienced and have never tried this type of nose but your clear instructions give me confidence to give it a try.
I think your tip on how to avoid trapping fur in knots is excellent, look forward to more great tutorials in the future.
Thanks very much bear_wub .

Francesca KALEideaSCOPE
Rheinfelden
Website
eddybare eddybare
cape town
Website

your tutorials are clear, concise and a pleasure to follow.   Some more please.........movable eyelids maybe?
thanks for sharing your expertise and knowledge.
x

Mirribears Mirribears and Craft Supplies
Cairns

Loved the tutorial , thank you for sharing . I got some good tips to use next time I make some noses as I hadn't thought of using a bulldog clip before to hold the nose

Francesca KALEideaSCOPE
Rheinfelden
Website

Thank you for your appreciation! bear_original
Eddybare, I'm afraid you will have to rely on somebody else for the open-close eyelids tutorial as I have never tried making them! bear_original  bear_original
I think Joanne Livingstone  bear_flower  made one on her fantastic blog, if I remember correctly!

Board footer