Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

Crown Critters Crown Critters
Dallas, Texas
Website

Hi Everyone,

It looks like I will be moving back home to Dallas later this year after being in South Africa for the past 6 years. I started bears and felting while I was here and am wondering if any Dallas folks can let me know the best local shops to buy supplies from?

thanks so much,
Anthony

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

I live in the Dallas area, Anthony, and I get most of my teddy bear making supplies (mohair, eyes, joint disks) online.  There is White Rock Weaving in Dallas where you can get felting supplies, however.  Also, some of the major fabric/arts and crafts stores might carry some items you would need.  Welcome back to the USA.

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA

Welcome back Anthony.  Are you happy to be coming back to the states? 
I don't live in Dallas, I live in Phoenix, and even in this huge city there is nothing.  I order everything online.  I buy most of my fabric and things I need from Intercal.  Wool I order through ebay, but there are plenty of US etsy sellers too.

Crown Critters Crown Critters
Dallas, Texas
Website

Thank you so much Sue Ann and Joanne!!

Joanne, I could not be more excited. It has been a very long and sometimes very rough 6 years. We are looking at being home, hopefully, around mid November of this year.  One of my goals is to meet you in person one day and give you the biggest hug for always being so generous, kind and helpful when I first started this journey into the world of bears and felting. It has changed my life for the better and I owe most of my inspiration to you.  bear_original

Board footer