Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

SkaBeary Bears SkaBeary Bears
East Sussex
Website

I would like to introduce you to my first bear. 
She is made from sparse mohair and is 12" in size.  She doesn't have a name and won't be sold as she is my first but I think she turned out quite well considering .....!!

I would love your comments and any criticism as all your professional expertise would help me progress and get better.
1367992725_image.jpg
1367992755_image.jpg
1367992777_image.jpg
1367992801_image.jpg

Bears N Blooms Bears N Blooms
California

Wow! This is amazing for your first bear. I too, will have my first bear completed so I am by no means an expert. The only thing that I would do is see if you can remove the small pieces of mohair that are caught in your nose stitching. I would use some small tweezers to see if I could easily pluck them out. Is this also the first time stitching a nose? If so, you did an excellent job! bear_wub  bear_wub
I can't wait to see more bears from you. You seem to have talent for it!

East Sussex
Website

Wow, thank you so much that is really kind.  The answer to your question is YES that is a first nose too.  Thank you so much for your advice - I will get a pair of tweezers and give that a go.
I am attempting my first scissor sculpting on a new bear at the moment.  I have applique'd its feet too but I am scared stiff of the face.  I have started and feel physically sick ...... I just know I am going to cock it up - lol!!
I was going to give a polymer clay nose a go too - I have never been one to learn to swim in the shallow end : jump in the deep end and work your way back - that how I live life!!  Stress is my middle name & is very much self inflicted.  LOL!  bear_grin

1368040780_image.jpg
1368040809_image.jpg

Bears N Blooms Bears N Blooms
California

Wow, I love your second bear. I love the fur. You are doing such a great job. bear_wub I use to groom dogs YEARS ago so I have some skill with the scissors but for as giving advice, it is difficult for me to give that to you.I needle felt faces so I am not much of assistance. Use the "Library" which is the second tab next to the "Index" tab at the top of this page. There, you will find all kinds of information about scissor and thread sculpting for face.   I see you already started a thread and you are receiving help as well.

I am impressed with your work and your nose. I have tried several noses and I am not even close to neatness like you are. You certainty have talent.

East Sussex
Website

Ahhh, thank you so much x

Board footer