Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

peterbear Boechout, Antwerp

My friends who know me and my hug a bit better will tell you that I am quite an old-fashioned teddy bear collector.
Until recently all the bears in my hug were made in traditional colours (brown, beige, white, black, grey or golden brown).
I always thought that brightly colours bears were "unnatural" and weren't for me.

Well, they say that "only fools and dead men don't change their minds".  I am not dead yet (though I might be a bit of a fool  bear_happy ), so I have changed my mind.

It was actually Becky's lovely teddy "Daisy" (bright orange/yellow/white) that finally changed my mind.

Since the arrival of Daisy, two blue bears by Rachel Ward (Barricane Bears) have joined my hug and at the end of the month I am expecting the arrival of a pink bear by Gregory Gyllenship.

So here are a few pictures of my new COLOURED teddies:

DAISY by BECKY CHASE (Dangerbears)

1368353210_daisy022.jpg

1368353282_daisy008.jpg

EDGAR BODSTONE & TUPPENCE FROXTON by RACHEL WARD (Barricane Bears)
1368353014_edgar_bodstone_amp_tuppence_froxtonb02.jpg

1368353049_edgar_bodstone_amp_tuppence_froxtonb05.jpg

Edgar & Tuppence with their "traditional" friend "Bartholomey Yeo", ready for a nice holiday.
1368353141_barricane_bears02.jpg

I hope you will enjoy them.  bear_flower

BlackmoonBear Sacred Bear Studios
Saint Petersburg, Florida

Wonderful! Edgar and Tuppence both have such a soothing aura to them bear_original

As you know I lean towards more modern (and realistic) styles of bear, but classic teds are still a must in my collection bear_original

Miser Miser Bears

What a lovely bunch! Very recently, I came across a bright blue Russ bear in a second hand shop, he stands out like a sore thumb amongst all my browns!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTyj2EiGqOn4yDN4UmELlvOZD_rSbnSaPggDgozfkLXkz0tGuQ1

Jenbee Barnetby Bears
England
Website

What lovely bears bear_original I was always traditional too and all the ones i collected were the usual browns, but once i started making my own it was like a whole new world of colour opened up. I found myself buying lavenders and greens, blue, yellow. I even have red with white frosting which is what i am making now. I get excited to see how they will look when they are done.

I will still make and buy traditional colours, but i think there is a place for the brighter bears too  bear_flower

clwilmot HandmadebyCarrie
Tallmadge, Ohio
Website

Love color!!! Beautiful bears

LitWit Posts: 298

Oh, I LOVE them! I bought a bright yellow bear last year that I was able to clean up a bit. He's antique, so. he was incredibly dirty and matted, but he's much fluffier now andyellow instead of brown.  bear_happy Now I'm working on a navy blue bear to go with him, made from wavy Tissavel fur. bear_original

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA

I love the bright color of Daisy, she is like sunshine.  It is nice to have some color.  I also love the soft muted colors of the three on the bottom.  You have quite an eclectic mix at your house.

valewoodbears Valewood Bears
Yorkshire
Website

Lovely selection of bear Peter, Edgar and Twopence look so good together and Daisy is delightful, nice to have a bit of colour.  bear_wub

Hugs
Pauline x

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

LOVE your colorful additions, Peter . . . good choices!

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

Wonderful photos, Peter! bear_flower

I think it's good and natural to allow our tastes to change over time, and in the teddy-bear world, there's a bear out there for every mood (What fun!).

Becky

Janesjollybears JanesJollyBears
Ft.Lauderdale

Peter, they're just gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!! bear_wub

Board footer