Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

Caroline D Posts: 150
Website

Hi all

Here are some pics of the blue bear  I was making. I think he's almost finished, I just can't  quite decide whether to trim back the length of his fur a bit so that he's not so shapeless and hard to make out, and maybe shaving his tummy a lot to give that some definition too. What to do people think? Also considering giving him pads on his paws, but that may be a bit overkill given that he's so fluffy.1363844815_blue_bear_4.jpg

1363844847_blue_bear_3.jpg

1363844870_blue_bear_1.jpg

1363844888_blue_bear_2.jpg

I quite like how his face came out. His eyes are black glass with a white of felt behind them. It's my first proper embroidered nose, I think it needs to be a bit more tightly done next time.

thanks for looking.

Caroline

Miser Miser Bears

He looks great, Wookies are awesome  bear_tongue

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

That IS some fluffy fur! bear_laugh Since you've defined his face well, I'd leave it at that. (If you started scissor-trimming the whole bear, where would you stop?) One thing you might do is trim the fur on the front paws, so that the fur isn't pouring off the end of his arms...?

Becky

Caroline D Posts: 150
Website

Hi Becky

thanks for your input. yeah, his paws are about impossible to even see as they are right now. I did trim it back on the inner side of his arms, using a shaving comb thing, like a comb with a razor blade in it, so it kind of thins it out rather than leaving a blunt edge anywhere. I might do that to the outside of his paws as well. He needs a good brushing too, every time I pick him up, his fur gets mussed!

Caroline

Laniebears Arctophilia
Shropshire UK
Website

Becky,
With this kind of faux fur if you have hairdressing skills it is easy to scissor scult.
However if you simply want to define the muzzle and paw pads, and the choice is yours cus he is cute ;0)
Simply attach a thin Layer of felt around the muzzle and paws by needle felting, its so very easy to do.
Email me any time if you need help
Hugs Lanie xox

Board footer