Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

keenzie Posts: 4

Hi my name is Kenzie i am 9 years old. I have just bought a charlie bear called guy and i am worrying if his arms,legs and fir is going to come out. I am also worrying because he is a collectors bear and if i can play  with him . will these things happen?? bear_grin

does anyone here even have a charlie bear bear_happy \??

Us Bears Pennsylvania

Hi, Keenzie!

We are 1,000 Bears living with our humans, Randy and Melanie.  Since we are Bears, we can tell you how to take care of your Bear.

When a Bear is new and his fur was just made, there will often be a little bit of fur that pulls out.  This is normal.
A little bit of fluff, here or there, is okay.  If a lot of his fluff pulls out, there is a problem.
Your Charlie Bear's fur should not pull out because of normal hugging and gentle playing.

If your Bear has jointed arms and legs (the kind that you can turn or move) you should play more gently.  Yes, you can break your Bears arms and legs if you play too rough.  Don't pull on your Bear's arms the wrong way.  Turn them the way they are supposed to go.  Don't pull sideways.

The BearMakers who made your Charlie Bear made them for collecting but they also know that kids like to play with Teddy Bears, too.
There are also laws that say how toys are supposed to be made in order to make them safe for kids to play with.  It would be very sad if kids got hurt from playing with toys.  The people who make Charlie Bears know this.  They try to make good, sturdy Bears.  You should not hurt your Bear if you play with him gently.

Yes, Charlie Bears are collectible Bears.  That means that they are a little more special.  You shouldn't play rough but you can still play with your Bear.

Do you like to have tea parties with your Bear?  Do you like to sit together and read a book?  Those are things that collectible Bears like to do best.
They don't like to wrestle.  They don't like to go outside to play very much.  Sometimes, maybe if you are feeling sick, your Charlie Bear can snuggle in bed with you until you feel better.

The better you take care of your Bear, the longer he will be with you.  If you take care of your Bear well enough, he will still be with you when you grow up.
Maybe, some day, if you have children, you will be able to give your Teddy Bear to your son or daughter!  If you take care of him, you will be!  bear_original  bear_original  bear_original

peterbear Boechout, Antwerp

Hi Keenzie,

I have several Charlie Bears in my "hug" (that is my family of teddy bears  bear_smile ) and many of them are "wobbly-jointed": that means that their arms and legs seems to be quite loose from their bodies. 
However Charlie Bears are generally quite strong, so they won't mind if you play with them, but don't treat them too rough.   ;)
As Randy already explained: the fact that they are "jointed" means that their arms and legs are attached to their bodies by cardboard or plastic joints; these joints can break off if handled too roughly.   Most other children's teddies have their arms and legs stitched firmly to their bodies, but they can't move their arms and legs like your Guy can.

Give your Guy a big hug from us; he is a lovely teddy!  bear_flower

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA

Congratulations on your first collector's bear.  I went to a show not too long ago and there was a whole table full of Charlie Bears.  This was the first time I had ever seen them. 
They are beautiful bears, and well made.  You have already gotten very good advice from the two gentlemen ahead of me here.  They are so right, love him, and play with him, but do it knowing he is special and maybe a little more delicate than a bear meant for a child to play with.

thank you for all  your replies and he slept in bed with me last night and was very comfy. I woke up feeling sick so i did cuddle him and five minutes later i felt better bear_laugh

Miser Miser Bears

Bears are great for when you dont feel well! I'm glad he managed to sneak into your bed, Id be lost without my bed bear. He's called Basil and is a very scruffy bear these days  bear_tongue

Nice bear do you have a Charlie bear??

Miser Miser Bears

I have 3 Charlie Bears! They are very nice looking teds bear_original

Here are a few of my Charlie Bears, Keenzie:

These are "Wolfgang" and "Tigga"

1363890831_tigga03.jpg

This lazy one is "William IV"

1363890846_william_iv_for_tt.jpg

bloodhawkbear England

I am getting quite a few Charlie bears in my hug they are surprisingly sturdy but be gentle as they will get upset if u hurt them try not to get then dirty its not easy to get it off

Hi amma,

We would love to see some pictures of your Charlie Bears.  :thumbsup:

Would you like to introduce yourself in the "new members" section too?  bear_flower

Janesjollybears JanesJollyBears
Ft.Lauderdale

Had to share!!! I am now a new proud mom of my 1st Charlie Bears!!! Yes I bought 2 at once!!! This is " Mark" (left) & "Trevor" (right). I absolutely am in LOVE with them & am Officially hooked!!!! bear_grin 1369455143_006.jpg

I love them, Jane!  bear_wub  And I'm sure they won't be the last in your hug!  bear_laugh

Ft.Lauderdale

Thank you Peter! I KNOW they won't be my last!!! bear_grin  I originally bought Mark from a seller on Ebay at an incredible price, I emailed her to thank her for such a great price & we got to talking. It was Trevor that I have been wanting for soooooo long, and she said I have Trevor, I'de be happy to sell him to you! YEAY!!!!! She is also selling me Malcom that I've longed for too!!! Gotta love Ebay!!! I am just so happy with the quality of these bears! The fur is absolutely gorgeous.........& those faces!!!! They feel like your holding a little baby bear in your arms!!! Just wonderful!!! bear_wub

BlackmoonBear Sacred Bear Studios
Saint Petersburg, Florida

I have a couple of the annual Charlies....I'd sworn off buying more bears for awhile but this is giving me the itch to add a couple more Charlie bears to my hug!

@ Jane, I FINALLY got that panda from the "seller from hell".....she was a wreck when I got her, very dirty and nose all chipped up :(
I got her looking decent now but still have a problem hanging around with one of the failed auctions, he's either too  lazy or too inept to fix it so I have to contact ebay to get it closed.

also got that giant polar bear from England, he cleaned up nicely and looks stunning! (pix coming soon)

Love your new boys! I can feel their warmth from here ^.^
*hugs*

Ft.Lauderdale

Hi Chris!
            So happy you are through with that transaction & got the bear home to you! She looked so good in the pix, I'm suprised she was a mess, but I'm sure you fixed her up beautifully!!! Can't wait to see pix of both her & that gorgeous Polar bear!!! I went through a bit with my new Costco Polar bear there with my Charlie bears. The seller shipped her to a different buyer.......in Ohio! I was so upset  bear_sad  But luckily, he rectified the situation quickly! I love her!!!!!!!!!! She hasn't had a reborning yet, But the seller said he did was her in a commercial washer ( she came out beautifully clean ) thank goodness!

Speaking of washing, I wanted to ask you what I should do & use to wash a couple of bears. It's the two Avanti cubs. I tried surface washing, didn't quite work out so well. Should I open them up, unstuff & hand wash? I don't want their eyes to get scratched by a machine wash. Or if I machine wash, maybe place them in a tied up pillow case? Not to sure how to clean them. I was going to email you through your youtube. You help is very much appreciated!!! bear_original

Thanks for the compliments on my new Charlie Boys!!! I LOVE THEM!!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait to get Malcom!!! Hugs back!!!  bear_flower

Board footer