Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

tabloach Posts: 11

Hello. I've been desperately looking for this particular tight curly synthetic fur/fabric for the longest time. I'm searching for different colors like the dark chocolate, browns, reddish browns, etc. Anybody out there can recommend a good online site that carries it?

http://www.tabloach.com/tempp/293.jpg

I've already searched through Google and these sites (fabricempire.com  fabric.com   fabricdepot.com   crscrafts.com, intercaltg) and nobody carries it. The only luck I've found was a supplier in China through Alibaba and they only sell it in large bulks which I can't afford. I thought about dying the orange and white ones that I already have but dyes do not take too easily on synthetic fur. Any suggestions is SO appreciated! Thank you!

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

I'm not at all familiar with this fabric, but if anyone is, it might be Donna Mettling: http://www.donnasduinbruins.com/ (She's in the US.)

Good luck!

Becky

P.S. I also found this, available by the yard: https://www.fabric.com/apparel-fashion- … abric.aspx

Becky, thank you for the links. Going to check them out now.

clwilmot HandmadebyCarrie
Tallmadge, Ohio
Website

I got mine from Hobby Lobby.  I think they only had white and black like you have

I wished I had a Hobby Lobby near me. The curly plush fabric I've found at JoAnn's were just too large of a curl and the pile was too high. I need it to be small, tight curls. The link Becky sent to Fabric.com I have ordered but the pile is again too high. I will just continue to be on the quest. Thanks everybody. bear_original

BlackmoonBear Sacred Bear Studios
Saint Petersburg, Florida

you may be in luck.....I have a few different styles of the curly microfiber in chocolate. I bought them back in the early aughts when it was a new thing because I thought they would be interesting to experiment with, but I quickly found out that I hate the flexibility/flimsiness of the backing and the loose set of the fur tufts.

now, here's the catch...I'm really not interested that much in cash ( I have enough of that)  but I would be interested in a trade for a decent piece of good monofibre/knit-back  fabric.

let me know if you're interested , and I'll get it all together and take pix.

BlackmoonBear: I don't know what is a monofibre/knit back fabric is? lol. Forgive my ignorance. I don't have much of a supply as far as fur/fabric as I am just starting out and probably don't have what you're looking for. I would really love to pay you for it since I have been looking for that type of fur for a year! Please let me know your thoughts. I can paypal. I would love to see pics!

Donna Donna's Duin Bruins
Burbank, CA

If what Blackmoon Bear has does not work out for you, let me know and I can probably get some for you.  I will just need to know how long you want the pile.
Donna

Donna, here are more pics to see how short the pile is and how teeny tiny the curls need to be for scale.

http://www.tabloach.com/tempp/curlyfur.jpg

I would love to have at least a yard of each color. Let me know!

Donna Donna's Duin Bruins
Burbank, CA

Have you been able to see some in person?  The backing is pretty soft and a loose weave.  I have some other fabrics I need to find so I will be looking for those for you.  I am guessing about a 1/4" pile at the most.

Yes, the ones I took a pic of are whatever left of the fabric I used up. Yes, the backing is soft, not a tight tight weave in the back but not very loose either. Where do you go to find this material? I've only been able to see them online from a Chinese seller. bear_sad

Board footer