Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

cat4chng Posts: 1

I was an AVID bear collector in the 1980s.  I even went to the Teddy Bear Convention in Minneapolis...what fun!  Anyhow I haven't collected bears in years and I no longer have room for my bears that I have kept in storage all these years.  Many are artist bears, some Steiff, Hermann, etc.

Can anyone tell me how to liquidate or donate my collection as a whole...not individually because I don't have the time to sell it bear by bear?

Thank you so much.

Nanci Drew 425-231-1123  Mukilteo, WA

Jenbee Barnetby Bears
England
Website

I have seen a few job lots of bears on ebay, collect only at a reasonable price and they seem to sell. Perhaps do that? I once bought a job lot of Steiff from ebay, sold on all the ones i didnt want and kept the couple that i did want. It worked out good for me as i had the time to sell them on bear by bear.

bears2adopt Bears2Adopt
SF Bay Area

I'm trying to do that now also - our Mom's huge collection. The EBay route is a lot of work! I've been working on the unknown bears, the plush bears and other lower cost items. Just trying to figure out what we have is a lot of work. So far it looks like ~2,000 Teddy bears, ~1,000 Dolls and ~600 Beanie Babies. Many of the Steiff bears are in their original boxes.

Too bad they didn't sell them in the 1990's - they were a lot more valuable then!

I hope you have good luck in getting them adopted!!!

Donna Donna's Duin Bruins
Burbank, CA

You might contact Valerie Rogers.  She has an online auction selling peoples collections.  The bears are checked by Ken Yenke for their value and then listed at I think something like 85% of the value.  Here is the link:  [url]http://[INVALID]/[/url]

Good Luck,
Donna

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

You can contact Valerie Rogers at editor@bearsandbuds.com, I believe.

Becky

bears2adopt Bears2Adopt
SF Bay Area

Thanks all. Once I get a little better handle on what I've got and get some of the less valuable bears adopted out (so I have some room in the house), I'll start tackling these more important bears. They have lived in storage for ~25 years, so another year is okay.   bear_original  bear_original  bear_original

Board footer