Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

Caroline D Posts: 150
Website

Just finished this little cat. Not very pleased with him, mainly because of the fabric - many times when I made a tiny stitch, the thread popped through, making a hole!  And it makes his seams look raggy. Also, could Not find the right colour pen for his stripes, even though my daughter has over 100 Promarkers! So, won't be trying to sell him, and I shall only use this fabric for larger things like bear paws, but he was still a learning experience, and, I quite like his face (except his nose, I'm crap at embroidery, and again, the quality of the fabric meant that needlefelting didn't work at all)

1374415991_ginger_1.jpg
1374416013_ginger_2.jpg

Caroline

student bearmaker Northern Ireland

He's a wee cutie,love his little paws.He reminds me of a family pet we once had called Marmalade.
Remember the saying 'success teaches you nothing' and you have by your description got lots to thank this little guy for,you'll look back at him and he'll always make you smile  bear_original .
Every bear I make illustrates something that's gone wrong,like wonky footpads,too big nose or lopsided face etc. but I make sure I don't make the same mistake next time so that's progress I guess.
I think the minis are the most difficult to master & your little puss is cute and unique.

edmondnutmeg Padfield bears
Derbyshire
Website

Wee bears are harder to do than larger ones in my opinion. How on earth did you do that tail did you sew it top side with ladder stitches?? Great shape too don't give yourself a hard time he is still super cute!
Michelle

Caroline D Posts: 150
Website

Thank you for your comments guys. bear_happy  I like the learning thing! As long as I can get there in the end, working out solutions gives me a buzz  bear_grin  The tail is actually the second attempt, the first one, I could not turn inside out, again, mostly because the fabric wasn't up to it and fell apart. So I tried it again, but left about half of the underside  seam unsewn, up to the opening, turned the bottom half and stuffed it, then ladder stitched the rest of the open half before stuffing that part. I will try another one of these cats some time, perhaps a little bigger, and with a better fabric.

Board footer