Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

NancyW Posts: 11

These are my 3rd & 4th bears.  Still in the experimenting stage but I think I am ready to get serious bear_original  I am still having problems with joints though.  They are strong but very floppy, which I guess id okay in some instances but this black bear was suposed to be able to stand on all fours, he can not.  Othwise I am feeling pretty good about them.  I keep learning from trial and error.  They are both from synthetic fur and leather pads and or toes and under tail on the black.. Also I formed the nose on the black with fimo then covered it in leather.  I did the coloring on the black bears head with watered down acrylic.  Joints are the plastic snap on ones, not sure of the correct name, but they are two pieces and have a snap on washer.  Maybe I am just not getting them tight enough?  They have glass eyes.

I think I would like to start putting tags on them.  Is anyone aware of anyone else with the name " Beary Goodtimes" ?

thanks for looking,
Nancy

1378163581_stand.jpg

1378163657_together1.jpg

1378163736_together2x.jpg

1378163901_blond.jpg

1378164005_together3.jpg

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

They're both characters, that's for sure!  bear_original  I like the pic of the bear looking up a tree (maybe calling for the cubs to come down?). I'd say you're off to a very creative start!

The plastic safety joints can't be tightened, and they'll probably get looser over time. You'll see a lot of archived threads in the library on jointing options. (I usually use a cotter pin for the head and tap-bolts-and-lock-nuts for the limbs.)

Becky

NancyW Posts: 11

Thanks Becky bear_original  I will give the  bolt and lock nuts on the next one.

LitWit Posts: 298

I LOVE the bear! I especially like his paws.  bear_original

Board footer