Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

Francesca KALEideaSCOPE
Rheinfelden
Website

Hello!
I'm considering investing some money into a new lamp. I need something which would give me a daylight kind of light, with as less eyestrain as possible. I have read about both Ottlite and Purelite in the internet. What is your experience? Has any of you tried one or both? What would you suggest? I have no way of trying them beforehand as I would have to order them on the internet....any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

I'm afraid I can't offer much help, Francy.  I'm very satisfied with my OttLite - have not tried a PureLite.

Francesca KALEideaSCOPE
Rheinfelden
Website

Thank you Sue Ann, I was going to buy an Ottlite, then read about this Purelite and thought I might ask, just in case it is better. I have seen the Ottlite caddy, which would be good as I need to bring it aropund when I visit my relatives in Italy.
I should take a decision sooner or later.... bear_original

Conni Germany
tcfolk TC Folk Originals
Tempe, AZ

Francy, I have an Ottlite and an Oxyled.  They are both desk lamps.  The Ottlite provides excellent light and is easily taken with you. It has tubes and it gets hot!  I have had it for about 5 or 6 years and it is reliable.  The Oxyled it a really wonderful goose neck lamp that I can adjust as needed. It has a bunch of small led lights, it is very bright, but it is dimmable and it does not get hot. It, too, would be easy to take with you.  I really, really like it, better than the Ottlite, but I have only had it for a few months, so I don't know yet how long it will last.  According to the reviews, a long, long time, but we all know how "reliable" reviews can be!  Good luck in your hunt!!! tc

Francesca KALEideaSCOPE
Rheinfelden
Website

Well Thelma, now I must dig deeper and see what is thos Oxyled. My problem is always shipping, it is too expensive when I have to buy it in the US. I found an Ottlite dealer in the UK, and as we have rel;atives there, I can save on the shipping. I won't committ to it unless I have explored other possibilities....Thanks for the info! bear_original

Conni Germany

I have my lamp from Lidl (Discounter). I also take photos with.

Donna Donna's Duin Bruins
Burbank, CA

Years ago I bought the ottlight light bulb and just used it in a desk lamp that I had.  Would that work for you?

Francesca KALEideaSCOPE
Rheinfelden
Website

Thank you for your advice ladies!
I have chosen an Oxyled desk lamp. I found it on Amazon.de so it arrived in just one day. I must say I am very happy. Thank you Thelma for your advice. I cannot compare it to an Ottlite because I never tried one, but this Oxyled works just fine. Nice white light, a very easily pliable neck to suit my needs, not too big. It gives no heat and should also be energy sparing. Plus, no problem with stocking on spare bulbs.
bear_original  bear_original  bear_original

Board footer