Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

dellyb Personally For You
West Yorkshire

1392202633_photo_2_-_copy_75x100_75x100.jpg

with much trepidation I am showing you my bear... I am very new to bear making (a month) and have been trying to get the faces to have more character...  I needle felt my fabric first, then make up the bear in the traditional way using cotter pin joints and polyester filling....

This little guy has been made using Jacob sheep wool in a "pebble" colour (hence his name, original hey??!! ha ha), and he has cream Adrik Astrakahn wool points and pads...

He is for sale but I will be happy to take any pointers on making improvements... ps my photography skills are not great and seem to show the bears out of proportion... think its the angle some times... bear_whistle

Jenbee Barnetby Bears
England
Website

Hey, I love the look of the bear, are you able to make the picture any bigger so we can get a better look?

From what I can make out its a sweetie bear_original

West Yorkshire

oops trying to edit the picture to make bigger....
1392203293_photo_2_-_copy_750x1000.jpg

Jenbee Barnetby Bears
England
Website

Aww what a lovely expression  bear_wub

BooBoo Posts: 153

Perfect sized picture!!! He's gorgeous!!!! I can't wait for you to post a pic of your next bear!! bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

edmondnutmeg Padfield bears
Derbyshire
Website

Wow do you have one of those felting machines? It must take forever to needle felt wool in to a fabric before you even start making your bear unless he is very tiny! He is a good shape and has a sweet expression well done!
michelle

West Yorkshire

thanks for all your comments...

Michelle, the bears stand around 15" and that all depends on what wool I have used on them and how much the needle felting "Shrinks" the pattern pieces... I cut the backing out first then felt them so each and every bear will come out slightly different with that.

The heads are always done by hand after they are stuffed and I now put the muzzle on after by needle felting... the bodies I do by hand too depending on the look I want, or occasionally I use a felting machine.... 

I don't sleep very well so all the felting can be done sat up in bed  bear_ermm   ... so time wise its good use of waking hours! ha ha

Board footer