Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

BeeBears BeeBears
Guben
Website

My miniature bears have been so well-behaved this year so I knitted them some christmas stockings.
Little Henry is just 1.8" and has 5 disk joints.
I think he looks quite happy with his present.
The stocking is knitted with miniature knitting needles 0.8mm and I used pure wool,which makes them nice and cosy.

1417967331_henry_mit_weihnachtssocken_web.jpg

Sabine

Crown Critters Crown Critters
Dallas, Texas
Website
rikkisbears NSW Australia

How cute,
Love the socks. Need them for those cold winters haha.

P.s. My mum knitted my son  and his family a bunch of socks, as they are going to Germany and Austria for Christmas, they'll need warm socks too. Haha

Maybe I can get mum to knit my teds some socks too, though I don't thinks so, she'll get jealous when she sees the size of yours.  So clever. Haha

BeeBears BeeBears
Guben
Website

@ Pink
Yes it has been a busy year.On Saturday I will have my last show, on our German historical christmas market.
Lots of traditional crafts,the tower brass band is playing old christmas songs,no blinking lights,people in historical costumes from 1900.
Its nice and cosy and you well get the perfect christmas feeling bear_wub
I am really looking forward to the show bear_thumb

@Rikki
Your family will definitely need warm socks. This morning we had -5 °C, really frosty outside.
Did you try to knit spiral socks for your teds? A friend of mine could not knit the heels,so she decided to knit the spiral sock-quite easy bear_flower
So,back to my needles, still need to make some miniature sheep for my nativity set...

Season Greetings,

Sabine

Conni Germany

bear_wub  bear_original

Oh yes, it`s cold outside in germany...

rikkisbears NSW Australia

Hi Sabine,
By spiral, I gather you mean just straight up and down like a tube with one end sewn up? I might even be able to manage that. My mum is the knitter, she knits socks with 5 needles, and her style of European knitting is so different to how we learn to knit in Australia.
Yes, I think the kids are going to get a bit of a shock with the cold,they're leaving summer weather, it's around 30 to 35 degrees centigrade ( 85 to 95 Fahrenheit ), but they are really keen on having a white Christmas. It just looks so lovely with all of the snow. Haha

edmondnutmeg Padfield bears
Derbyshire
Website

What !!!! How can you even make your fingers hold the needles. I am in awe and amazement. I can only imagine 0.8mm mini needles look like a couple of pins. Fantastic  bear_wub
michelle

BeeBears BeeBears
Guben
Website

Yes Rikki, I know its different to the way we knit. A couple of years ago people where looking for new ways to knit socks,because they had problems to knit the heel.
The spiral sock is a kind of tube sock.All you have to do is knit and perl.For example:then you knit 4,perl 4,knit 4, perl 4 and so on.
After 4 rows you change the pattern:
On 5th round, work P5 once,  so ribs move over 1 stitch.
There are lots of free patterns on Ravelry:
Spiral socks on Ravelry

We did not have any snow yet but we are living near Berlin but further south its probably different  bear_thumb

@Michelle
Thats how I started my miniature knitting- knitting on pins  bear_innocent
But as I started to knit jumpers and dresses, pins are to short for the amount of stitches.
A friend of mine from Australia send me my first miniature knitting needles, now we produce them ourself.
The 0.8mm needles are really good.I also have 0.6mm ones.But they are extremly sharp.I use them for really fine knitting, together with a single thread of cross stitch yarn.  bear_thumb
On my shows I always have magnifying glasses with me, so the visitors can see the tiny details of the knitting  bear_grin

bear_flower
Sabine

Board footer