Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

tazlove Tracy's bears

hi hope you can help i had this pattern for sometime but have not made it before tell yesterday,
cut it and hand saw it together but the head is very mist shaped and looks nothing like the picture on the pattern, i have restitched and re stuff it about five time but it still looks nothing like it should,
i was wondering if any of you have had this pattern and can tell me were im going wrong

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

Maybe show us photos of the head you've made? And of the pattern pieces?

Becky

tazlove Tracy's bears

this is the pattern i coped it to the computer and printed it off.
and this is a picture of the head made up.

Olga Goncharova Siberia, Russia
Website

Hello Tracy,

I believe the head in the photo is needle-sculpted between the eyes to make eyes sockets and the bridge of the nose. I would make the head following the steps below:
1. Sew the head, stuff and close it as described. Make sure the stuffing is hard enough, otherwise you will have wrinkles on the head when you do needle-sculpting on it.
2. Sew, stuff and attach the muzzle as described.
3. Needle-sculpt the head (with the muzzle already attached) between the eyes.
4. Attach ears, embroider the nose and mouth.

I hope that helps. Good luck with the head! It's an interesting pattern, I have never seen anything like that before.
Best wishes, Olga

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

It is an unusual pattern. In your photo, is the muzzle/nose piece attached? (It seems like there should be a bulbous nose area protruding, and I don't see that.)

Regarding the lumps and bumps, I'd guess that sewing 8 darts (plus the four for the muzzle) and then sewing together two cup-shaped head pieces led to some odd shapes. It will be interesting to hear what Lanie says if she gets back to you.

Becky

Website

I made a picture, sorry for my English bear_rolleyes In the picture you can see my vision of how to work with the pattern. I hope it helps.
unusual_pattern.png

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

Olga, you are amazing! This is so clearly explained - in words and pictures. bear_flower

Becky

Website

Thank you Becky  bear_rolleyes I hope Tracy will show us the completed bear very soon bear_original

student bearmaker Northern Ireland

Brilliant instruction and such clear diagrams. Thank you Olga for sharing your expertise bear_flower .
Something I didn't grasp when I first started bearmaking was the important role of stuffing in achieving the shape you wanted. After I took an on-line course I learnt to stuff as if my eyes were closed and so moulded the head on the outside feeling the shape with my hands whilst making sure every nook and cranny was stuffed firmly. Look forward to seeing your little Teddybear.

Website

Thank you Renee, I'm happy to be helpful  bear_happy

Figartteddy Posts: 14

I would be very grateful for any tips and advice on joint placement markings on body patterns, either how to mark accurately while drafting patterns or checking joint placements for arms and legs on both two and four piece body patterns which are either bought or freely available to download. Thanks in advance.Mary.

tazlove Tracy's bears

thank for all the help and messages
i messed around with it so much the fabric rip so put it all to one side and have not picked it up again,
then a few day later i fracture my arm and hand sewing was i not go.
but it is getting better now so will have another go soon

Board footer