Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

JUDI WROTE:

I will be teaching an on-line course for needle felting onto mohair bears at North Country Teddy Bears  www.northcountryteddybears.com

I will be covering all the steps from start to finish including all the shading and details.  The plan right now is to have this class ready for the end of July.  I will be designing a bear just for this course and will be incudling a pattern for the mohair bear. 

Keep an eye on NCTB !
http://www.geocities.com/judilux3/orlandoCU.jpghttp://www.geocities.com/judilux3/BO_5a.jpg

Aha!  The opportunity to learn at the hands of a master!!  Wey hey!  That's what I need ....

*nips over to NCTB*

Found it ... YIPEEE!!!!!!  :clap:  There's one starting on Jan 9th!!  Have signed up ... can't wait!   :dance:

So, I'm just about to pay for the course (thank heavens for the miracle of Paypal) and ... phew, am a bit breathless as I now have to zoom over to Edinburgh or somewhere to find relevant supplies (and I haven't a clue what I'm looking for!) ... hope they get to me here in the UK in time!  EEEEKS!!!   bear_shocked

GULP. 

Um ...

*Panics*

Er ...

Blimey.  Overlooked one teensy tiny thing ...

I haven't the first clue how to do this.  Well, obviously I can make a bear ... so that bit's no problem, but needle felting??????

WHAT HAVE I LET MYSELF IN FOR??????  bear_cry  bear_shocked  bear_cry

*Whispers*

Is anyone else out there a complete novice and doing this course ... if so, please will you hold my hand???

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Awww, Paula . . . you will be a whiz at needlefelting, silly girl!!  Bravo and kudos to you for wanting to try something totally new for the brand new year!   :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  You have my admiration!

Kent
Website

Oooh, thank you Sue Ann!!!  I can't tell you how excited I am about this project ... I have never taken a bear-related course before, so going back to the classroom will be a new experience that's for sure!  I'm so thrilled that Judi offers this course and I can't wait to get started!   bear_cool

Only one week to go!!!!!  Whoopppeeeeeee!!!!  bear_thumb

Meri Bears (UK) West Sussex, England

Way to go Paula :clap:  :dance:

I'm signing up for the extreme sculpting course which starts on the same day I think?

I thought it was time I tried something else and I can't wait bear_original

I am also starting my accountancy course in Brighton on the following day bear_cry . I think  I know which one I'll prefer bear_laugh

Happy New year by the way :bday:

Kent
Website

Happy New Year to you too Kate!  Good luck with the courses - we'll have to egg each other on to success!  bear_grin

Dilu Posts: 8,574

God for you Paula!

I took Judi's class last year and loved it, even though pigmonkeybear is still faceless.  However he is in queue for getting done now. 

I loved her class, I thought she gave clear instructions and it was, quite simply fun.

You'll do fine and I hope you enjoy it as much as so many of the rest of us do.

I use needle felting to relax when I get overwhealmed with other projects.

I can hardly wait to see what you do,  I know it will be fantastic

dilu

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

yay!!! Paula!  I am so glad you will be learning needle felting!  Yippeeee!  once you get a feel for it you will take off soaring....and don't worry...I will hold your hand bear_wub

Neysa carried needles too .  I need to get some more and plan on contacting her for them.

When you buy your wool, also get some wool "Batt".  This is , in my opinion, the best and easiest wool to work with that has very very good end results.  The kit comes with "core" wool which is good for the center work of a project but a bit lumpy.  All of this will make as sense as we go along.  I know you'll do great! :hug:  :hug:

Kent
Website

Thanks Judi!  I think this will be fun!

So far I have purchased the number 3 kit from Edinburgh as directed (fingers crossed it comes in time!) the marker pens from 'blick.com' thanks to advice from Estelle as to where to find them and a bag of nice looking needle felting wool in natural colours from a farm on Ebay!  I haven't a clue what batt is and whether it is included in what I have located, so will look further into this.  It was all a bit of a last minute dash, but with the wind in the right direction across the Atlantic, should arrive in time!!  bear_happy

My daughter has a needle-felting kit (thanks Carrie!) and has just begun to learn how to use it, so I will ask her if she knows what 'batt' is and whether I have ordered any!!  bear_tongue

After reading this, I'm sure you will begin to undersand just how uneducated in this area I am!!!  bear_whistle

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

Paula you will love it. I couldnt recommend it highly enough. Judi is a natural at teaching this needle sculpting.

I will certainly be waiting impatiently for your new versions of your loveable giants.

Matilda :dance:

Kent
Website

Thank you Matilda!  At the moment I'm trying to locate the recommended wool batt, here in the UK ... but it's not easy when you don't know what it is!  If anyone has a supplier they could direct me to, I'd be very grateful!!  bear_thumb

Kent
Website
Judi wrote:

yay!!! Paula!  I am so glad you will be learning needle felting!  Yippeeee!  once you get a feel for it you will take off soaring....and don't worry...I will hold your hand bear_wub

Neysa carried needles too .  I need to get some more and plan on contacting her for them.

When you buy your wool, also get some wool "Batt".  This is , in my opinion, the best and easiest wool to work with that has very very good end results.  The kit comes with "core" wool which is good for the center work of a project but a bit lumpy.  All of this will make as sense as we go along.  I know you'll do great! :hug:  :hug:

I've done a bit of research this morning and a kind member of my British Bears on the Net group has forwarded me this link:

http://www.winghamwoolwork.co.uk/

Judi, would it be too cheeky of me to ask you to take a peek and tell me whether the batt is available here please?!!  I'm confused as to exactly what I need in the face of so many lovely possibilities. 

At the moment, I'm so green I need a great big arrow pointing to the exact fabric with a neon message shouting at me 'Paula, this is wool batt, buy it now!'  bear_wacko  :lol:

I promise not to be so hopeless in class - I'll sit prim and proper in the back row and will pay attention honest!!  bear_happy

fredbear Fred-i-Bear
Johannesburg
Website

Well , if using the right wool gets the results that Judi gets them pleaaaaaaaaaaase tell me what you are using.
Then tell me where you are going to learn !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! here???, I have not been reading all the posts, have to start getting down to doing some real work. First show in Japan, orders for a customer and a shop so time to stop playing and work. Financial year end for my son's business.
Paula I will have a look at this website in the UK , thanks.

bear_original Lynette

fredbear Fred-i-Bear
Johannesburg
Website

ermm ok Paula, went to the top and read Judi's comment and see she is teaching in July and where, will log on then. Not sure how I will pay , Paypal does not work here in SA, will make some plan.Not got time to learn now.
Will be house bound in July waiting for the sprog to arrive.

Lynette

Kent
Website

Hi Lynette,

Judi's new course starts on Jan 9th at the North Country Teddy Bear website.  Good luck with the sprog and all the work you have lined up!!  Sounds like 2006 is going to be a handful for you!!

Board footer