Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

MonBears Original Mon Bears
Melbourne
Website

I've been making bears for almost a year now and am definitely a 'lifer'. Sucked in, hook line and sinker- probably much to the delight of every bear making supplier in Australia!

But- I don't know ANYONE else who is remotely interested in bears or bear making and if it weren't for this site I'd probably go around the twist. In combing through the archives and checking out the various topics, I've noticed most of TT's activity seemed to happen between 2005 and 2011- not so much discussion these days?

I'm wondering who is actually still actively bear making and also sending out an SOS looking for any other fledgeling bear makers/artists who are similarly isolated in their passion for this fabulous creative pursuit- drop me a comment, PM me- let's connect! I'd love to know more about you and your bears.

Beary big hugs
Mon

peterbear Boechout, Antwerp

Hi Monique,
I am not a bear artist, but a collector, so I not the one you are sending your SOS to. bear_happy
But I can tell you that in my opinion the main cause why the discussions on TT have been reduced the past years is the success of Facebook. 
Nearly all teddy bear artist I know are active on FB.  There are also lots of FB groups for artists, collectors, specific brands of teddy bears, etc...
You will find that there are plenty of bear artists still active, also in Australia, but sadly their input here on TT is now minimal.  bear_sad

koonienett Lüdinghausen
Website

Hi Monique,
TT is probably one of the few Teddy forums in which is still a little life. In German forums there are fewer contributions.I found TT because I was looking for an international forum. I'm not a long-time member, but I have the impression that most of the bearmakers are only interested in selling their bears.

Melbourne
Website

Thanks for answering my SOS everyone!

Peter I think you're absolutely right. I do 'like' a lot of artists pages on Facebook however I find that's more of a fan/artist relationship and less of a collaborative platform- I will go in search of Facebook teddy bear artist groups (don't know why I didn't think of that before!!)- thanks for the tips  bear_flower

Kornelia- I LOVE your bears!!!! What darlings! If I could reach through the screen and give them a cuddle I would. What marvellous feet you do! I'll be sure to keep you posted on the cat I'm working on too- I think you expressed interest in that on another of my posts.

Pink- your bears are divine too, so charming and you capture the old style look so well! A lot of old style bears look new/old if you know what I mean- but yours look so authentic, as if a perfectly preserved mint condition bear has been uncovered. Love them  bear_wub

In my quest for fellow bear making aficionados, I found and attended a local bear making class run by a local bear making artist- Sharon Hale of Shaz Bears. It was a wonderful evening and I must say that her bears in person are thoroughly captivating- the photos I've found on the internet just don't do them justice. I'll keep attending as I learned some great tricks- and the ladies were all lovely!

I still think it'd be great if TT picked up a bit, I'll always be lurking nearby and happy to chat all things bears if anyone is so inclined   bear_thumb

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

Hi Monique,
It's disappointing that the discussions are fewer these days, but I'm happy to meet you here!
The one fb group I know of where tips and such are discussed is this one: https://m.facebook.com/home.php?ref=boo … =bookmarks
Most of the groups are about sales, with a few just for collectors. I enthusiastically follow the individual pages of my favorite artists and artist-friends there as well.
Cheers,
Becky

Melbourne
Website

Thank you Becky! Pleased to meet you too- your bears are gorgeous bear_wub

I have joined the group you recommended (thanks!) and it looks like a great way to connect with other active artists. I really must get onto my own facebook page for my bears, I just never seem to have enough bears to showcase as I have only recently started making my own designs. All in good time- I'm setting myself a target of October as there will be a local bear show at that time, and I'd love to have a few fuzzies ready for showing!

xx Mon

koonienett Lüdinghausen
Website

thank you so much Monique bear_flower

Board footer