Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

LitWit Posts: 298

So I bought another Spinoza bear from ebay, because I didn't see a knob on his chest and I thought he was some kind of later, post-walkman incarnation. Turns out the walkman and speaker had been removed, and the hole from the knob in his chest is still present. How would YOU go about fixing this, to ensure durability and a pleasing appearance? Ladder-stitch a patch of contrasting fur over the hole? Or attempt to darn it? Some other way that I haven't thought of? I really like the bear, because his fur is unusually soft, but the hole worries me. I'm concerned that it might start to fray over time.

Nina_W Worthe It
Johannesburg
Website

If you just darn the edges of a perfectly round hole, I'm pretty sure it will pucker up. I'd suggest some kind of patch, maybe a disguise? A bow or a little accessory - as suited to the position of the hole?

LitWit Posts: 298
Nina_W wrote:

If you just darn the edges of a perfectly round hole, I'm pretty sure it will pucker up. I'd suggest some kind of patch, maybe a disguise? A bow or a little accessory - as suited to the position of the hole?

A "disguise" patch is a great idea! Maybe a little red felt heart appliqued over the spot (I'd have to trim the fur around it, to make the patch lie flush, but that's doable). Thanks so much!

Board footer