Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

Fablepuff Wonderland of creativity

hello everyone...i am new here,joined just now.first i am not a teddy maker,its like a hobby to relax from felting,that is my reall choice of work...that beeing said,i bought some workshops,cause i wish to make the perfect bear,and considering i am a sculptor,and made toys before,should not be that big of a problem...however i am waiting for the materials to arrive,and since it's not really cheep,i have some acrylic fur,pale pink i can exercise on,but here's my problem...the fur lenght is way to long for the effect i want,so how can i trimm it before sewing?i tryed with scissors but it's ended up uneven and i dont like it...any suggestions on how to "shave"the fake fur so all the hairs stay the same lenght...for example 1mm
ty in advance
if i made any kind of a mistake adressing this subject please forgive,like i said,it's my first time...:)

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Hi, Fable - I'm not sure how helpful this will be, but you might try using dog clippers (the type groomers use) to see if that would keep the fur more even.  Good luck!

thank you very much...i'll try :))

Michelle Helen Chaska, Minnesota

You can use mustache clippers/trimmers. You can get them on-line, Walmart, Target... or beauty supply store. My suggestion is to avoid the battery generated clippers. Get a good one that plugs in to a socket. Batteries run down quickly and is frustrating to use. They also don't do a good job for for larger areas.

thank you everyone...you have really helped :))
i have a "few"lol,more questions,but not sure where to post,if i can here....about where to buy viscose,eyes etc at best prices(i live in croatia)

Berwickbears Berwick Bears
Maine

Hello, you can find those things online at Intercal Mohair, Edinburgh Imports and on Etsy. There are probably more but those are the ones I know of. Enjoy bear_original

thank you so much :))
i found the most beutiful pieces italian viscose etc.on etsy
cheers

Board footer