Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

Dilu Posts: 8,574

DSC01392-2.JPGOK....so maybe I don't quite have it together quite yet, but he does have googly eyes... bear_grin

Yes, It is Sassy fabric.....gotta love that stuff for ittybittybears  bear_wub

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Very, very cute, Diane!!  Looks like he's having a good time rolling around in the fur!  Great work!

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

OH DILLY! I LOVE HIM!!!  bear_wub I LOVE that your bears and gollys are soo unique to you!!! he is lovely.. I really must invest in some Sassy!

Oh Kimmy, do!  It is so wonderful to work with, for bears this small I haven't tried anything I like better......this is evern better than vintage rayon.

You will love working with it.

I like distressed sparse Norton ( I still have some)_and Hembold for bears over 3" or 4"

Sassy's is great for the little tiny guys though.  Don't let the cost throw you-you can get 3 bears out of one square, therefore it isn't so bad, when you look at it that way.

I want to get some white and try playing around with dying it.....I always seem to want to dye in the dead of winter.....

Maybe its the same urge that has us planting flowers in the spring?
hmmmmmm

Thanks guys

I don't quite have him down pat yet, but I'm going to keep working on it.

dilu

but for the tiny guys Sassys is wonderful to work

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

Does it have a sturdy grid on the back? I have had mini fabrics that if you pull stitching too hard, the grid tears  bear_ermm   I will have to wait to sell some more so I can buy some HA!  I have been looking at the sassy website for months now  bear_original

clare14 Country Bears
England

Oh Dilu, lovely lovely!!!  :clap:    I've not long started using the fabric too - well done you!! 

Haven't heard from Stephanie for a while, or have I missed her??

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

wonderful wee fella . I stuggle so much with the little lees. I admire all who are so wonderfully successful.  :clap:  bear_flower

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

Dilu... Lovely little guy! 

Kim... as far as the quality of the "smokey" long pile as well as the "sassy" long pile.... I find that it is some of the strongest as best as far as the grid backed mini fabrics go.  In reality, ALL of the grid backed fabrics will rip if you pull too hard (I've done it A LOT!) but I'd truly say that the Sassy fabrics are some of the stronger ones I've used.  In my opinion, the vintage rayon, with that backing that looks like a finely woven cotton (but stronger & non stretchy) is probably the strongest, if ripping through is a problem for you.... but truly... i highly recommend the Sassy fabrics... the selection is great, the quality is great, the prices are VERY reasonable, and her customer service and shipping time are unmatched in the mini fabric world!   

Beary truly yours,
Kim Basta
Wild Thyme Originals

fredbear Fred-i-Bear
Johannesburg
Website

bear_rolleyes
What is "sassy" fabric?

Lynette
Please

plushkinbear BEAR ME SHOOTKA
Vladivostok, RUSSIA

Dilu, he's got golies eyes and manners... bear_tongue  bear_laugh  bear_grin  bear_grin

I love his green nose! bear_thumb

Julia

Hudson, Ohio

Lynette,
  Sassy Bears and Fabric is a company that carried many many of the fabulous fabrics that so many of us use for making miniatures....

http://www.sassybearsandfabrics.com/

The lady behind the company is Stephanie.... who is a board member here at TT.  She joined a couple of months ago, after feeling her "ears burning" on a regular basis... we were talking a WHOLE lot about her~! 

Most of the time, I think, when we say "Sassy" we are talking about the long pile fabric she has... in a lovely smokey finish with a dark back... or the regular colors... links so you can see...

Smokey :

http://www.king-cart.com/cgi-bin/cart.c … atch=exact

Sassy:

http://www.king-cart.com/cgi-bin/cart.c … atch=exact

Stephanie also carries some lovely faux furs, vintage rayon, mini mohair.....

Beary truly yours,
Kim Basta
Wild Thyme Originals

starlite Starlite Bears
Renfrew,Scotland

Aaaw Dilu,
he is so much fun  :dance:  :dance: - a lovely little guy so cute :clap:  :clap:  -
he looks as if he is having great fun on his fur rug bear_thumb  bear_thumb
:hug:
Anne
PS Kim if you are ther - do you use invisible thread for this type of fabric or upholstery velvets - I do not find it rips at all - Sassy fabric is incredibly easy to turn - i have found some toher when you 'grab' to turn cast fur/pile
:hug:

Sandi.S. Posts: 1,277

Dilu, I love him! He's such a cute little guy! Well done!!

BearBottoms 'Bear' Bottoms Originals
Ft. Bragg, NC

Dilu!  I'm loving him!  He's got such a cute little froliky personality!  Hee hee  bear_grin  Great job!

One of these days I'm going to try dying... I've been itching to.

Kimberly W.

wow guys Thanks for the positive input.

Kimmy yes to everything Kim Basta said about the fabric.  It is fun to use.....and yes, if I double silk thread and pull to hard I can blow it!  I hate that.....its a question of firmness vs yanking the daylights out of whatever I am doing.  And while it does have a sturdy backing grid it isn't the rubberized grid, which for some reason annoys me.  I don't know why.  just one of those quirky things we each have.

Kimmy
if you go back in the posts here, to the end of November or so you will find her post where she shared her spring color line, to dye for, and so lucious.....

Ann
invisible thread?  I always find it curling up and being a nusience.
can you share any techniques to keep it from being bothersome?

I'd give it another go if I thought I had a chance in not getting all tied up in knots with it!

dilu

starlite Starlite Bears
Renfrew,Scotland

ilu - I always use invisible thread doubled (for teeny bears) I use either smokey or black or clear dependant on the colour of fabric - when it starts that looping stretching trick then I kinda feed it over my finger when stitching which sort of keeps it taut - some times I get little loops which have not pulled clear through which agrrevates me but - I have tried other thread on teenies and I just do notlike it at all  bear_sad
What kind of silk are you using?
I can only think of polyester/cotten thread or polyester or thick upholstery thread btw the best thread I have found is german in origin but haven't a clue what the maker name is bear_ermm
Hugs
Anne

Stephanie Sassy Bears & Fabrics
Aurora, Colorado

Hi Ladies! Took a week off to go visit family for the holidays and was thoroughly overwhelmed when I got back!
Dilu, he is wonderful. All goof & giggles!! I like him! bear_thumb
I've used the invisible thread. It works great if you can tolerate it getting all squirrelly on you. I prefer the nylon lingerie thread. It's super thin. I just use the black on all the Smokey stuff since it has the black back (no matter what color the fur is). But, the invisible stuff is best for closing up those seams.

Kim, what do I owe you for being my advertising agent? bear_grin

Hudson, Ohio
Stephanie wrote:

Kim, what do I owe you for being my advertising agent? bear_grin

Stephanie, Just keep doin' what you're doing!   bear_grin  I just like your stuff & your service!!!

Beary truly yours,
Kim Basta
Wild Thyme Originals

Board footer