Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

Estelle Estelles canal bears and Tod Teddies
Todmorden West Yorkshire

I know someone who keeps alpacers and has their wool made up into yarn and socks and jumpers etc, would her just carded alpacer or yarn work needle felting  bear_wacko

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Estelle,
I think that would be wonderful wool to try and I am sure it would work just fine.  Alpca wool is the finest fiber known to man.  It may take a bit longer to felt down because of this but I think it would be worth a try.  I would start with a 32 needle for sure .

I used to own two alpacas but we donated them to abig  petting farm because I no longer had the time to give them.  I wish now that I had kept some of thier wonderful wool.

Let us know, please, how this works out for you.  bear_thumb

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

griz-1-Small.JPGgriz-4small.JPGHi Estelle, I have used Alpaca for felting and it works well, as Judi said use a finer needle.

It comes up so soft I think you will like the results, here is a photo of a bear that I used it on, I have used for both felting on mohair and on its own

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Karen, I remember that bear...such a pretty teddy. bear_wub  bear_wub  And the alpaca felting looks very nice!

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

felted-bun-Small.JPGHere's  another felted with all alpaca, its a bunny, sorry the photo is not very clear, I need more light on the subject :redface:

Thanks also Judi on the comments, much appreciated

Board footer