Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

Sandi.S. Posts: 1,277

Oh, I haven't been on for a few days...I've missed all the fun!  bear_sad

I don't have any new pics to share. Most of my bear pics are on my mac and until I figure out what I did with my zip drive, I can't get them on the PC where I'm at now. Oh, well. I better get my butt in gear, and finish the bear I'm working on. Problem is I'm working on too many projects at once!  bear_grin

Wonderful bears, Sabine, Kim, Helena!

Helena...your bear with hair is so cute! And your first one...wow! You should make some more!!

Colored stuffing? Gonna have to check that one out! The only place I ever get gaps is on the tops of their feet sometimes and I just deal with it! My favorite thread is angora, so being so fuzzy it will hide those spaces if they're there.

Okay, threads...favorite is angora yarn. I have used crochet cotton and didn't like that at all. I also have some cashmere. I've done a few bears with that, but now mainly use it for hats and scarves and such. It's so soft especially if I wash it first. I've only used the punch thread once. I cannot find a local store that carries the stuff, but I finally got a few colors at a garage sale.  bear_laugh  Well, I actually haven't finished that bear either. Got a few body parts in a baggie somewhere!  bear_grin

Winney...get those babies put together so we can see! Of course, I shouldn't talk! I love crocheting them and making little hats or whatever. And I love doing their faces...but I hate putting them together.  Mine are usually left unjointed for some time, while I start a new one!!  bear_grin

Winney Winneybears and Friends
White City, Oregon

I am interested in  where I can get ahold of some angora yarn,,,JUdi shared her source with us but whew! its priced like gold..LOL ...I have been testing with any fuzzy thread..I think Id like to get some Magic thread , when brushed out it look s like fur.....Winney

Dilu Posts: 8,574

http://www.angora-yarn.com/

http://www.darnityarn.com/

http://www.out-of-hand.com/

It is pricy but you use so little that perhaps it is worth it....and if you intend to sell them it will be a selling point.

hgs

dilu

So far I've only bought angora off of ebay. I keep my eyes peeled for the good deals and snatch em up when I can!

threadteds ThReAdTeDs®
Website

threadteds Banner Sponsor

Hi,

I got this forum address a long time ago from Diane, but so far didn`t find the time to check in. You know how it goes, days are flying!! What a surprise to see so many crochet bears, and a few bears of my book an patterns.  The angora bear is lovely, so soft looking. I reconize Kim Basta.. I have one of kim`s bears..remember Kim?
Wel I am going to check this forum out, it looks great and I am sure there is more to see.
Maybe I can be of any help too.
Thank you for having me.
Berta
www.threadteds.com

White City, Oregon

Hi Berta...welcome here to Teddy Talk...its a wonderful place to learn & share techniques about creating  our teddies...it so very inspirational and uplifting . bear_wub  bear_thumb

I love the chrochet and knit teds...must get some of that Magic thread...and also try the brush emb. thread too....so much to do. so much fun ! ....  bear_flower .....Winney

Hi, Berta, so glad to have you join us here! Your bears are just wonderful!

You should pop over to the new members forum and introduce yourself. Not everyone makes their way into the miniature section here.

Yay!!  Berta!    I am so glad you decided to come by.  Welcome! Welcome!

We love all things tiny in the minature forum.  Foe those of you folks who have't been to Berta's web site here's the link:

http://www.threadteds.com/index_EN.htm

It is a beautiful site with wonderful minis and she also has a gallery of pics from some of her customers.....also her book is great fun

OK Miss Winney.....we wanna see some pics honey!

hugs

dilu

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

It's Berta!!!!!! One of my favorite people in the whole wide world! 

Beary truly yours,
Kim Basta
Wild thyme Originals

MerBear MerBear Originals
Brockville, Ontario

Wow, I'm impressed - we got Berta here! I've admired her site and bears for awhile. I actually ordered some of her magic thread to use for a mini - just forgot to order the time to do it in!

Marion

Acipenser Bine-Teddies
Stockholm

Hi Berta! Welcome to the board. I am glad you found your way to us.

:hug:  :hug:  :clap:  :clap:  :dance:

PeachtreeCottage Peachtree Cottage
Georgia
Website

Hello Everyone,

I'm just finding out about Teddy-Talk and this is my very first post here.  I have been reading through this discussion thread and thought you all might not be aware of the Thread Artist Guild.  The Thread Artist Guild was formed a year ago and is for artists who make miniatures ( 6 inches and under ) out of threads and fibers.

We have a website that has several pictures of various artists creations that I thought you might enjoy.   You can find the Guild website at http://www.ThreadArtistGuild.org

Also, members of the Thread Artist Guild were recently given a challenge to create a piece of artwork to go with the theme of "Fairytale Character". Our Award Panel (Marianne Alexander, Berta Hesen-Minten, Debi McCarthy-Beckett, Bobbie Ripperger, and Nadine Murat-Thevenot) were shown anonymous pictures and asked to award points to each picture.  Then the points were tallied to determine the winner.

A big thank you goes out to our Award Panelists for sharing with us their knowledge, expertise and time to review the entries.

Please keep in mind that all of the entries are less than 6 inches tall !

It is with great pleasure that I am able to announce:
Winner of the First Thread Artist Guild Annual Award Challenge!

Gayle Brindley for her entry titled "The Marriage of King Arthur"

Honarable Mention goes to:

Jan Nethercutt for her entry titled "East o' the Sun - West o' the Moon - An old Norwegian fairytale"

Heather Hamilton for her entry titled ""Aladdin" Bear...accompanied by his magic carpet and Genie Bear!"

And a Special Recognition Certificate goes to
Lita Ashley for her entry titled "The Little Mermaid"

We have terrific entries and our Award Panel all said the entries were so good they had a very difficult time in awarding their points!

Thank you to all the members who entered...you are all truly fantastic artists!

To see the entries visit the Thread Artist Guild Website at http://www.ThreadArtistGuild.org and click on "Award" in the menu at the top or click on the Winner's Picture on the main page.  There are lots of pictures to look at so please allow plenty of time for them to load.

If I can help answer any questions about this artform or the guild, please ask!!

/bearhugs,

Hi Marion. welcome, I am delighted you found us.  Were you simply surfing around, did someone tell you or did you see our ad in TB&F  or......I am curious how to get the word out that we exist.

Your avatar is adorable, and I look forward to seeing your work, and thanks for the link by the way, I am sure everyone will be using it to check out the art.

So welcome, tell your friends, and please post a pic or two!.....

hugs

dilu

PeachtreeCottage Peachtree Cottage
Georgia
Website

Hi Dilu,

The link to this place was in a post on one of the other message boards that I'm on...that's how I found you all...that good ol' word of mouth thing.

With Easter coming up I've done a few bunnies instead of bears recently so I'll post a picture of one of my bunnies and one of my bears for you.

These are both about 2.25 inches tall when standing.

MR-Iwanna-Sitting-300dpi-640x480.jpg

Clarissa-72dpi-200x250.jpg

And this is one of my pandas, about 3 inches tall:

MeiMei-Standing.jpg

/bearhugs,

starlite Starlite Bears
Renfrew,Scotland

Hi Mary,
I just love your little creations  bear_wub
Welcome to TT :hug:

Gijzette Elfin Bears
Mount Dora FL
Website

Hi Mary,

Welcome to Teddy-Talk it is a wonderful place.

Acipenser Bine-Teddies
Stockholm

Welcome Mary! I am glad you found your way here. Could be me who posted that link you followed, as I have been promoting TT on other boards. You'll love it here.

Hugs

Stephanie Sassy Bears & Fabrics
Aurora, Colorado

PeeWeeopt2.jpgDodiopt2.jpgI crochet too. I prefer baby alpaca yarn, very fuzzy! Here's a couple I made and sold on ebay a while back.

Aurora, Colorado

Moms-Thread-Bears-opt.jpgAs a matter of fact, I got Mom addicted to thread bears too!
Here's a few she's made.
She made Cloe for me!

Aurora, Colorado

Cloe.jpgOK, couldn't get Cloe to load. Let's try again. . . .

threadteds ThReAdTeDs®
Website

threadteds Banner Sponsor

Hi Stephanie. They are all so cute, your Mom too did a great job!! Thank you for sharing the pictures!!
Berta
www.threadteds.com

JeannieB JeannieB Bears
Greensboro NC

600x450jbk10.JPGcalicowkitty4.JPGHi  bear_original I have found a new thread that might work well for your guys. It is furry and is not forgiving....can't pull it out! But it looks and feels like real bunny fur. It's called Kiss and is made by Red Heart. These pictures of my crochet guys are done with it and another baby yarn together. Looking forward to seeing more of your pictures!! bear_tongue

Acipenser Bine-Teddies
Stockholm

Wildcatdancer - I suggest you join a Yahoo group to learn how to make crochet bears. The group Thranimals has classes, free patterns and lots of experienced members, who love to share. For Japanese critters I recommend a wonderful group, Lovejapanesebearies. Come and join us!

Hugs

krystolla Fuzzbutt Bears
Columbus Ohio

I've been teaching myself to crochet since this weekend. Work has become REALLY stressful so I needed something to distract me -- learning a new craft qualifies. So after unravelling my assorted lumpy disasters I really appreciate the work that goes into the crochet bears. Five, six years of making awful scarves I might be ready to try a bear. bear_original

-- Erika
Fuzzbutt Bears

White City, Oregon

Oh those cats are to die for ! Fuzzy Fuzzy Fuzzy....comeeeeer Fuzzy ! Cute little raglings that they are...they llok like the kitties my young son use to draw constantly..only his were freaking out or Frizzing out ...little claws and all. Oh I love you kitties  Jeannie...

I bought some of that KIss yarn and it dose feel just like rabbit, I made a bear ( not done ) it will drive you batty trying to find the  stitches and even if you do...can't take them out, he. he So...make your critter out of something else first to get the pattern down then make it in KIss...Winney

Board footer