Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

Is there a way to weight needle felted critters?  I would like to make my felted critters more heavy and more able to stand... is there a way to do it???

Acipenser Bine-Teddies
Stockholm

Just thinking out loud here as I haven't tried this. Perhaps you could make a pouch with bb's or stell shot and put some prefelted wool all aorund it, felt some more and continue adding layers of wool. Or if you mixed shot and wool in the pouch you could felt onto this. Hmmmm.

Dilu Posts: 8,574

I am of needeling a few steal shot and then adding wool to that and then building the little foot up from that.....Once we have a good felting around it then we wouldn't need to worrry about needles breaking

Kimmy its an idea worth persuing- I'm going to try it this afternoon

dilu

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

Well, most of my felties stand but if a strong wind comes along they are on their bum... I just would like to give them more weight.. thank you for the suggestions... we will have to  do some trial and error bear_original

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

I have heard about plastic pellets being used in the main body inside the core.  But I have not tried this myself.

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

AAAH Crud, I wanted to try this and I forgot... I'll test weighting them with my next one... LOL

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

Yeahhh I know what you mean Kim, I keep forgetting to try things, I remember either half way through making something or when its completely finished.  :redface:

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

Sounds exactly like me LMAO... I started this feltie off and was so inspired  by the whole idea of wings that I forgot about putting some weight in the little bugger!! I cant wait to finish him... he just needs arms legs and face and decoration and... oh geez, I need to get boogying!!!  bear_laugh

Board footer