Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Daphne wrote:

Sue Ann, I hate to say this but my parents listened to the BeeGees and us kids used to make so much fun of their music!  :redface:

It was my KIDS that loved them . . . really!  I remember when I was the designated driver for carpooling 4 little grade school kids home one day and the BeeGee's "More Than a Woman" was playing on the radio.  Every time the words 'more than a woman' came up, these little angels would scream at the top of their lungs 'bald headed woman', then burst into gales of laughter.  Hmmmmmmm

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha!!!! That's great!!!!

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

THUNDER BIRDS ARE GO!!!!!!

melissa Honeythorpe Bears
Wellington, New Zealand
Website

oh thought of another 70s essential viewing (and record buying) Solid Gold Hits - with the roller dancers. 

oh  and the final three...Welcome back Kotter , WKRP and Mork and Mindy!

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

OK Aussies , what was the name of the group with  'shirl and Red Simons'?
And if your an aussie you cant go past 'Hey Hey its Saturday' bear_grin  bear_grin with ozzie ostridge. :dance:  :dance:

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin
gotobedbears wrote:

H R Puff'nstuff anyone? Or is it just me who remembers that?

Ah yes. I remember that too.  He was pre-Barney.

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Hey..nobody mentioned Gilligan's Island.  This is the very first show on tv I have any memory of and it was in black and white.  I was about 4 years old..I think.  I was born in 1965.  We got a color TV in 1971...if I am remembering correctly....getting a little senile here... bear_laugh

Roxanne Bear Paws by Roxanne
Odessa, Tx

Hey Judi,

Hey..nobody mentioned Gilligan's Island.

Sure  bear_original  Thats right  bear_wacko  I remember running home from Elementary School to watch it.
What about Happy Days or Mork and Mindy?

Deb Upstate New York
gotobedbears wrote:

H R Puff'nstuff anyone? Or is it just me who remembers that?

Yes ... but I favored Witchypoo.  bear_grin

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

I'm too young for most of these.  I'm a child of the 80s.  But I loved Strawberry Shortcake (I had her on a birthday cake one year) and the Muppets (still do).  I had a bowl haircut for a little bit when I was around 3.

lw2ndstar Annapolis, Maryland

This all brings back so many memories!  I'm a late 60's-early 70's kid.

Was the Vogart painted craze thing big in the UK/US.  It was like paint in metal tubes that you painted onto tshirts.  My aunt made me a blue one with a soda glass on it - that very 70s image with the glass, straw, bubbles and strawberries.  I thought it was so American and so cool

YeaH, I painted the guy from Mad Magazine ( remember that) on one of my dad's shirts. My granmother had tons of that stuff.

couldn't get the quote to work right!

We had this stuff in Aust we called it   'Hobby Tex'  My mother and myself went crazy with that stuff. I loved it.

In the USA it was called "Liquid Embroidery". That might have been a brand name, I don't remember.  I painted lots of fabric stuff with it.  It seemed kind of geeky-old ladyish at the time, but I didn't care!

Lynne

kathytaylor Ruby Mountain Bears
Northern Nevada, USA
lw2ndstar wrote:

This all brings back so many memories!  I'm a late 60's-early 70's kid.

Was the Vogart painted craze thing big in the UK/US.  It was like paint in metal tubes that you painted onto tshirts.  My aunt made me a blue one with a soda glass on it - that very 70s image with the glass, straw, bubbles and strawberries.  I thought it was so American and so cool

YeaH, I painted the guy from Mad Magazine ( remember that) on one of my dad's shirts. My granmother had tons of that stuff.

couldn't get the quote to work right!

We had this stuff in Aust we called it   'Hobby Tex'  My mother and myself went crazy with that stuff. I loved it.

In the USA it was called "Liquid Embroidery". That might have been a brand name, I don't remember.  I painted lots of fabric stuff with it.  It seemed kind of geeky-old ladyish at the time, but I didn't care!

Lynne

See how that old lady stuff catches up with you, all that hobbying and crafting was just a step in the door to artist, seamstress, bears!!!!!! HA HA

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin
Roxanne wrote:

What about Happy Days or Mork and Mindy?

Nanoo Nanoo.

Oh my.... what is happening to us. bear_wacko

melissa Honeythorpe Bears
Wellington, New Zealand
Website
Judi wrote:

Nanoo Nanoo.

Shazbut     bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

what great memories Daphne!  lol I still have the donny osmand barbie doll lol!!  Wonder if he is worth anything!  And Fame and mork and mindy!  and strawberry shortcake,  what a great time to grow up :)
hugs sarah

Board footer