Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

Dilu Posts: 8,574

I dug out an old box of rubber finger tips, you know the kind, like secretaries use when counting a million pages of something?

I used to use them to control my fabric sandwhich when I would machine quilt

I am using them on the hand that stabilizes, holds and turns my little felted pieces. 

They do protect against the little minor pokes and jabs.

Fortunetly I haven't had a major kamikaze needle attacks so I don't know how well it would protect against that.  At least I haven't repeated the one from last summer where I went in one side of the nail bed and came out the other, missing the bone altogether.   :dance:

Just thought someone would like to now.....

:hug:

dilu

makafelts Charlotte Des Roches Designs
Adkins, Texas

Dilu,
Great idea..I even have some of those things somewhere..will look for them tomorrow in daylight. I use a spare needle to hold the wool I am working on for the little stuff which helps keep my fingers out of the way, but for the larger stuff that doesn't work so well... Great tip!!!

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

wait until you get yourself under your nail ouchie!

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

The old steel ones would work well no jabs under the names,  but no grib at all.   Great idea Dilu.

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Oh..all the injuries we endure for the love of our art!  I find that the longer I have been needle felting, then less likely I am to poke myself.........usually.

Great tip Dilu! :dance:

Good point Judi,

and the other thing I find is that I mind the minor pokes less.....just stop to be sure I'm not making a mess.  I don't say ouch any more because the hubs always wants to check my blood sugar.....sometimes he can be a mother hen!  gotta love him though

I am very excited to see what Erin and her hubby are creating!  Erin did you know that Louise and her hubby are a bear creating duo too? 

dilu

Be sure to post their web site, here, if they are good.

Board footer