Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

Athina Posts: 17

Ok! Ladies I need a real honest answer to who you think are the best artist's in this field.
The reason I'm asking is my husbands grandmother and mother have some coats he would like to be made into bear's and the wonderful wife that I am I would like to fulfill his wish's. But, I'm just a novice at making bears and don't know were to start.
I would appreciate any and all advise.

Please ladies i don't want to ruin these coats his mother died along time ago and his grandmother will be 93 on 2/2. And I would feel terrible is I ruined them.

Thank you for your advise and time
dawn

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

If you search through the SHOWCASE and BEARS FOR SALE topics you will see many real fur bears by various artists. You may see a style/look that you like more than another. From there you could email the artist and ask questions. We have many talented real fur artists on the board! I'm sure you can find someone!!!

Winney Winneybears and Friends
White City, Oregon

Hi  Athina...I have been making  real fur bears for years...I would love to do it for your husband !
All the bears turn out different , depends on the type of fur and fur length.

I do line all my real furs bears and soft stuff them to take stress off the old pelts, add weight.
See my avater, that is just one bear I make from mink furs...PLease e-mail me for other details... Winney

Winney Winneybears and Friends
White City, Oregon

Athenia...I sent you a private e-mail message......Winney

Gail Bear With Me Enterprises
Website

Hi Athena
I would suggest you check out Nancy Tillberg's site www.kranbearys.com. She teaches an online course for heirloom bears and she is a master at it. Her book ( now out of print ) Teddy Bears with a Past is excellent. If you e-mail her maybe she might still have a copy. I have been making natural fur bears now for 8 years. They are not as easy as mohair bears but are beautiful once they are made. The scariest part ( as it was when cutting your first piece of mohair ) is cutting the fur!!!!. If you need any help please don't hesitate to e-mail me
Hugs
Gail

Cleathero Creations Cleathero Creations
Ripley, Queensland

Hi Dawn where are you?
There are many real fur artists here and yes I am one of them.  One of my bear friends is in showcase.
it really is a matter of looking at the person's work and deciding which one you like, checking out their sites, which, most will have links to under their Avatars.
I am in Australia so most probably useless to you but if someone was in the UK you really liked you will need to find out about postage costs.
Good luck and I hope you find someone you like.

Board footer