Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Corney7-3.jpgCorney3-3.jpgCorney2-3.jpgI posted this here cuz I thought "Showcase" is for bears we make ourselves.  I got my Forget-me-not bear today and I am over the moon - I don't know how they make them look and feel so authentically old.   I am in love with him and I know I will probably never be able to afford another one.  This one is 10 inches and is made by Liz, my favourite of the four sisters.  His limbs and tummy feel so old and squishy.  I'd love to know a few of their tricks.  I can't resist posting some pictures for everyone to see.

Hugs,

Brenda

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Gorgeous Bear, Brenda - love the costuming, also and that old worn loved look.
thanks for sharing.

Hugs
Carolyn

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

Gorgeous bear Brenda! Old is new again! They don't make um like they used to do they?

Many Hugs Louise

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

What a treasure, Brenda!!  This bear looks fabulously old - Liz did a tremendous job!

Marion Acid Attic Bears
Versailles

Wow ! Really fantastic ! He looks TRULY old !! Great bear !

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

Wow what a great bear .....I love the aged look ....... wonderful Brenda

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Holy COW!!!  He's Beautiful!   bear_wub

Thanks for all the kind remarks about my new teddy!  I have friends coming for tea in a few mintues and I think they are really coming to see the bear LOL!   One of my friends is Deb Burnham of Bearhaven bears, and I've been telling her about Teddy Talk.  She's a bit shy, but I'm trying to get her to join. Wish me luck.
                                                      Hugs,

Brenda

melissa Honeythorpe Bears
Wellington, New Zealand
Website

Brenda - what a lovely vintage looking bear.  I had never heard of these artists before - how neat.

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

What  a beautiful bear Brenda - lucky you!

I have heard of the artists before but have'nt seen too much of their work but how lovely is this bear!

Penny  :hug:

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

Brenda,
I adore your Forget-me-Not bear!  I've been lucky enough to have acquired two of them myself this past year, both made by Liz.  They've come by way of collectors in a pinch.  It just breaks my heart when collectors find themselves in a "spot" and have to give their babies up for adoption.  I know it must break their hearts too..... bear_cry

It seems to me that we have similar taste in bears.....Forget-me-Nots and Wee Scones!  Funny, sounds kind of like things you'd find on a table set for tea!   bear_original

Warmest bear hugs,   :hug:
Aleta

clare14 Country Bears
England

Ooooh Brenda, I'm in love with this bear!!!   bear_wub  bear_wub   I LOVE old fashioned bears!!   Absolutely charming, you lucky thing!!

I haven't heard of them before, have they a web site??  bear_original

It's funny you should ask, Claire, because they are originally from England, and I thought they were better known in Europe than in North America.   Forget-me-not bears  are 4 British sisters, Liz, Alice, Mary and Joy Wiltshire, who moved to Maple Creek, Saskatchewan.  It's kind of a weird story, as those names are aren't their real names even.  They told me they had a store when they started making bears, and didn't want their friends to feel pressured to buy them, so they came up with different names to sell the bears!  They all make bears (Liz is my favourite) and they used to have a mailing list, but don't take  orders anymore.  They sell through a few stores such the Kleinburg Teddy bear store, near Toronto, Teddy Bears of Whitney and they used to sell through Teddy Bears Picnic in Holland.   They have been making bears at least 8 years, and they don't do shows, don't advertise and yet they still sell everything they can make.  You can see their bears at www.theoldeteddybearshoppe.com.   They embroider a tiny forget-me-not flower on one of the foot pads of each bear.  My niece and I have actually foiled a couple of auctions on ebay, where they were trying to be passed off as antique Steiff bears.  They are so expensive, I never thought I would be able to own one, until a customer decided to sell one to me for a partial trade, so I am a really happy camper - I've played with him all afternoon. He just begs to be picked up and hugged!
Yes, Aleta, it seems like you and I have extemely similar taste!  Are your Forget-me nots boys or girls?
                                                   Hugs,

Brenda

clare14 Country Bears
England

Wow Brenda, huge prices!!   Beautiful bears, very authentic!!   Very lovely!!   And what a fascinating story......  bear_original    Thanks so much for that!!   You learn something new every day!!   bear_wub

Oh for the days when I wouldnt have to advertise and be so in demand.......<sigh>!!!

baggaley bears Baggaley Bears
UK ( nottinghamshire )
Website

Oh WOW  bear_wub

Hugs
Vicki

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

Thank you for sharing the story about the bears, Brenda!  I didn't know the whole story behind them.  I knew there were sisters making the bears and I knew they were in Canada.....and I knew I loved their bears the minute I laid eyes on them.  For some reason I thought they all had a hand in each one.  I didn't know Liz was my favorite until I skipped in to take a peek at their tags earlier this afternoon.  Both of my bears are boys.  I'd dearly love to find a little girl! 

Warmest bear hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

Board footer