Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

FredIBear-Gifts-from-South-Africa.jpgJust arrived at my doorstep...

Our own Lynette Kennedy of Fred-I-Bear sent me these fabulous little gifties all the way from South Africa, when she  mailed off my remaining four copies of TEDDY BEAR SCENE; they were included in her envelope as a special something "extra", totally unexpected by me.  What a marvelous, wonderful, surprise!!! 

Everything is a little token representing the African continent.  I have to admit, I tried on the colorful necklace and collar the second I unwrapped them.  I felt entirely well-travelled and very vibrant!  The little giraffe is a finger puppet and has a label that reads, "Born in Africa."

I love travelling but haven't made it to Africa to date, so this was a taste of something exotic and foreign and wonderful.

Thanks so much, Lynette, both for sending me those much-desired magazines, and for making it a such a special friend-to-friend treat!  Happy early birthday to me!

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

How cool!!! How incredibly sweet of you, Lynette!

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

That's sooo cool!

Some people are just soo nice!

Thanks for sharing

Deb Upstate New York

Very nice!  Around Christmas, Ten Thousand Villages has a temporary location at our mall.  Have seen some of the crafts from Africa ... very nice.  And wow, Lynette sure is nice!

http://www.tenthousandvillages.com/home.php

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

I just want to mention, because I think it's entirely fascinating, that for hours before receiving this parcel from Lynette, I had been listening to the soundtrack to THE LION KING all morning... and was in the mind to do so, because my parents are going to see the show, THE LION KING, in San Jose this very night

So it's "Africa Day" in Shelli's life today, in every possible way!  Very fun.

Will be peeking around corners, from this point forward and until midnight, just in case some hyenas have crept in to add to the realism of it all.

bear_original

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Three cheers for Lynnette!  How wonderful!

Congrats Shel.....

dilu

Jennskains Posts: 2,203

OOOOOh! I'm so happy for you. :hug:

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

What a caring, thoughtful, and generous addition to the magazine parcel!

Sandi.S. Posts: 1,277

What a sweet gesture to send you the gifts!

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

HAKUNA MATATA!!!!!  How coooooool! :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Lucky lucky Shelli and how very thoughtful of Lynette to include an early birthday gift!!

bear_flower

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

Wow!  What a great suprise!  Lynette is so thoughtful.  bear_original

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

Awww...how thoughtful...lucky you!!!

Bonnie Mountain Dreamer Bears
wooly woods of Missouri, USA

Yay! What a lovely surprise for you Shelli.  :clap: Aren't TT-ers the best?!

Gina wrote:

Well know we will be looking forward to a very artistic, very African creation from you Shelli!!

Oh Yeah! Can't wait.

fredbear Fred-i-Bear
Johannesburg
Website

Ok before I get too big to fit into my shoes with all these compliments, I always belive in life that we can always help each other in some way, I was able to help Shel( actually I did not realize it was your birthday when I added the few little extras) and what a coincidence that the parcel arrived when it did- destiny !!!
As you will all notice Shelli has done my Vendor poster, my new avatar something that would have had me spending hours at my computer, even then I am not sure if I would have got the professional look that Shel achieved.

The Lion King is a fantastic show, I can see Judi's head buzzing with some new ideas- A simba perhaps ?????
Hakuna Matata
Lynette.

Board footer