Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

Deb Upstate New York

Joe is the son of a man I work with.  He's a freshman in high school and was recently diagnosed with testicular cancer.  Please remember him in your prayers ...

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Oh my goodness . . . how awful and at such a young age.  Hopefully, Lance Armstrong will be an inspiration for him.

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Poor baby.... so young.  I think it's terrifically survivable, but what an ordeal for him to endure.  Will keep him and his entire family and circle in my thoughts & prayers.

bearlyart Canna Bear Paint
NY

Oh, that poor kid!  He must be what, 15 or so?  I had a friend in high school that was absent quite a bit due to medical problems, while her health was the biggest problem she sure found it rough to miss that much of her high school years.   You'd think a teenager would be glad to get out of school, but I know she always missed being 'in the loop' and with her friends when she was unable to attend.  My thoughts are with him and his family.

Kelly

Mo Beary Mo Bear Designs
Redcliff, Alberta, Canada
Website

My thoughts are with him and his family.  One of my old bosses sons had the same thing and a very young age (19) and it was devastating.

Jane

Deb Upstate New York

Kelly ~

They're treating at Strong.  Not sure why they didn't choose Arnot's center; it's excellent.  Family I guess in Rochester area ~ maybe that's it.  He'll easily miss the balance of the year of school.

Thanks all; Joe's dad is a good man and a good friend.  Actually, the kid took a "lucky" spill off a stage at school and hurt his back.  It swelled up and an area (a membrane sac) filled with fluid.  It was drained twice, then doctors decided to investigate further.  Otherwise, who knows when they would have discovered it.  Thankfully we're not always in control!

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

Our Prayers Are With Joe! Thank you Deb!

Many Hugs Louise

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

Wow, sounds like he truly did take a lucky fall off that stage.  I'll certainly be keeping him in my thoughts  :pray:

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

Deb Joe is in my prayers ........

Jennskains Posts: 2,203

He is in my prayers! :hug:

baggaley bears Baggaley Bears
UK ( nottinghamshire )
Website

My prayers are with him and his family.

Hugs
Vicki

NY

Sounds like that fall may have been a bit of a blessing.  I imagine it can only be good news that his illness was discovered early on, allowing him to get the treatment he needed as soon as possible.  Strong has a really good cancer treatment center, I know they will take great care of him!

Best wishes,
Kelly

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Deb, he will be in my prayers. :pray:   God bless him.

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Hi Deb,

My thoughts and prayers will be with Joe at this most awful time, for him and his Family.

We have a friend, Andrew who is a married Man with 2 small children. He was diagnosed with
testicular cancer about a year ago.
He was lucky and that he got it early and they operated and he is completely rid of it.

Hugs
Carolyn

kassiebears Kassie Bears TM/Creations of Mysticism
Oregon

Hi Deb,

It is always hard to hear about people and cancer. My family seem to have it in too many of us. And my heart always goes out to anyone who has it in their lives.  But, I think the worst was when I got the call about my grandson. He is four years old and has AAL.

He is a little fighter and so many have supported my daughter and my grandson. Bless their hearts.
We can only be supportive and love them with all our hearts.  bear_wub

My best thoughts go to young Joe.  bear_wub  :hug:

Big Hugs
Kassity

kassiebears Kassie Bears TM/Creations of Mysticism
Oregon

Brandon52.jpgSernia2.jpgI did these for my kids after we heard about Zean. My daughter and son are in both these pictures.

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

Hi Deb,
I'm sending prayers that way.

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_sad  Poor Joe and family. They'll certainly be in my prayers.

I hope it's curable at this stage. I know it sounds hard to miss a year of school, but kids need to know that in a few years it won't matter at all to them. I hope Joe's friends will keep in touch and cheer him on!

Eileen

Frangipani Bears Posts: 8

He is on my list for prayers each night.

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

Debs am here, sending out positive vibes. All the best. :hug: to you , him and his family bear_thumb

Winney Winneybears and Friends
White City, Oregon

So sorry to hear that Deb and Kassity ...my prayers go out to the familes...I just can't  seem to comprehend why our young kids get cancer and especially these kinds of cancers.....and why at all ? Cancer use to be a disease for the aged.
So many millions  and millions of dollars have already gone into research...you'd think they would have found a cure by now.I just wish this rotton disease would go away...I have lost many family members  from it too....Winney

Bonnie Mountain Dreamer Bears
wooly woods of Missouri, USA

Deb, I am so sorry to hear about this. Cancer can be such a devastating disease. I will certainly keep Joe and his family in my prayers.

Kassity, I will be keeping your grandson (His name is Zean?) and your family in my prayers too.

My heart goes out to both families. :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

NY
Winney wrote:

So many millions  and millions of dollars have already gone into research...you'd think they would have found a cure by now.

I have an uncle that is a cancer research guru, absolutely brilliant guy, published author and very well-respected.  He has no intention of retiring when he's doing such important work (and is already well into his 60s).  Do NOT ask him his opinion about the current administration, however.  Federal funding that has historically been given to cancer research and other beneficial scientific areas have, for the last few years, gone into alternate projects... like funding biological weapons research.  No joke.  Scientists that he worked with actually burst into tears when certain people were re-elected.  'Nuff said about that, methinks.

Cheers,
Kelly

Board footer