Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

This morning I got a telephone call at 7:10 a.m.  That might not be unusual for some people, but I am never up before 11:00 a.m as I am a HUGE night owl and am always up until at least 3:00 a.m.  My entire family and circle of friends know it's pretty risky to call me early in the day. 
When I picked up the phone a small voice on the other end said "hello" and I thought it was a wrong number.  Something made me ask "Corson, is that you?" to which was replied a very animated - "Hi Nanny, Hi Nanny, Hi Nanny".  When I asked if mummy was there he said "noooooooooooo".  and when I asked if I could talk to daddy, the phone went dead.   Later, when I got up, I phoned my daughter to ask who's bright idea was it to phone me so early to let Corson talk to me - dead silence.  My daughter was at work.  All of a sudden, she started to laugh and said "the little rat".  She couldn't find her cell phone before she left for work.  Corson looooves to play with it.   He is a whiz at technical things, like his dad.  We figure he must have found her cell phone, and pressed re-dial, as I was the last person she had talked to.  When I got up, I checked caller id and that's exactly what he had done - the call was from mummy's cell phone!  No wonder he sounded so excited - he had made his first official phone call!  Kids sure are getting smarter. 

Hugs,

Brenda

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

Brenda... that is so funny!  You've gotta give toddlers the credit they deserve... Oh My!!! They are smart little things aren't they!?

Thanks for sharing that!

Beary truly yours,
Kim Basta
Wikld Thyme Originals

baggaley bears Baggaley Bears
UK ( nottinghamshire )
Website

bear_grin  Thats so funny

Hugs
Vicki

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

So funny!

:hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

What a big boy Corson is!!  All this new technology is old hat to kids anymore . . . thanks for sharing!

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

So sweet and Mummy will have to hide her cell phone now, as it could be quite costly if he likes
to make calls from it.

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Yes, mummy is definitely going to hide it.  She laughed when we figured out what he'd done, but then she had her hubby looking for it all day in case he was pushing other buttons!  Corson also knows how to take pictures with it.  Sarah has take pics without him seeing, cuz he wants to take them too.  He's just turned two and he can already put his Baby Einstein DVD's in the machine (the proper way up) and make them play!   

Hugs,

Brenda

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Brenda,

thank you for such a wonderful story, and thank heavens your darling daughter is not an international spy or the little tyke would be learning Chinese or something now!  Can you imagine the bill to call China?  Yikes!!!

:hug:

dilu

Mo Beary Mo Bear Designs
Redcliff, Alberta, Canada
Website

That story is to funny!!!  When I come home from work somedays my granddaughter has made several phone calls to my home number.  One day I had 5 messages from her and she was singing and doing silly things.  She is 4! 

The other day she called me at work and I think she hit the redial.  She was telling me that she was drawing Kittys and that she and her brother, who is 17 mths, had black noses on their faces! bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin   So I asked if I could talk to Mommy.  Well Mommy, my daughter, was shocked to find that she had painted both of their faces with ink!  They both had noses and whiskers!!!! 

Got to love the grand kids!!! :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Jane

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

bear_laugh  bear_laugh  cute story.  bear_grin

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Brenda you've got to love that child! He sounds a clever little chap.
Some years ago my niece Joanne was helping my Mum tidy the bedrooms. When I went upstairs to the bathroom I could hear a little voice saying, hello lady. Joanne had only called long distance and was talking to some unknow woman in America, which may not sound too bad to a lot of you but we live in the UK.

Jane  bear_flower

nettie scotland
Website

Clever wee soul.I bet he was so pleased with himself.He will be wanting his own one soon!!
Diane xxxx

plushkinbear BEAR ME SHOOTKA
Vladivostok, RUSSIA

Oh, Brenda I hear you!  :hug:
My daughter amazes us every minute..So cute and funny!!  bear_grin

I'm a night owl too abd I know what is it like to get up at 7 for a night owl... bear_angry  bear_shocked  bear_sad  bear_wacko  :twisted:

Julia :hug:

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

That's soo funny!

I used to work in the call centre for a cell phone company. If you ever made an incomplete call, it would route to us. You'd be amazed at how many kids would call us.

Even once, I got a call from a little girl, I was asking her if her parents were around (in case of emergency) and she just kept chatting away.
Next thing you know, a male gets on the phone and says 'hello'. WHen I answered that I was there, he just laughed and laughed.
He went on to tell me that he didn't think that phone was active, so when he daughter was telling him she was talking to someone he was giving her trouble, asking her not to lie to him. Poor guy said he's making a detor right away to the ice cream shop!! LOL  bear_laugh

Board footer