Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

carsoncreations Carson Creations
Macomb, IL
Website

Thank you Shelli for posting the list of nominees and congratulations to all the Golden Teddy Nominees ... what a thrill!   It is so nice to see familiar names of talented teddy bear artists being recognized for outstanding creativity.

And Special Congrats to all who made the effort to get entries ready for these competitions.  It takes a lot of time and committment to excellence to just get an entry made, photographed and entered.   

Remember, there's always next year and you can't get nominated unless you enter.

Hugs,

Wanda

melissa Honeythorpe Bears
Wellington, New Zealand
Website

Congratulation to the nominees!  You guys deserve it.   :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  I am not surprised at all and while I know not everyone can win, I wish you all could.

For those of you that entered but weren't nominated - you still deserve kudos!  You were motivated to push your own creative boundaries and design something special.  Yup, I know it sucks not to get nominated (let's be honest!) and I don't want to say naff things like "your time will come" but at least you got off your chuff and had a go.

Kelly, I have to agree with you - the closing dates couldn't come at a worse time!!!

Bonnie Mountain Dreamer Bears
wooly woods of Missouri, USA
Melissa wrote:

For those of you that entered but weren't nominated - you still deserve kudos!  You were motivated to push your own creative boundaries and design something special.  Yup, I know it sucks not to get nominated (let's be honest!) and I don't want to say naff things like "your time will come" but at least you got off your chuff and had a go.

Well said Melissa!!

Each and every entry we've seen here, nominated or not, is an outstanding creative work and a testament to their maker's talent! 
:clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

Oh Yes...absolutely huge congratulations to the glorious nominees.

I did enter a couple of bears in the GTs..the ballerina and the Fisherman....It's actually no surprise to me  that I didn't get nominated...I still feel as though I have miles to go in terms of learning this art/craft and know that whatever happened I learned something.

I have made a mental note of what I need to do better. Noses are one thing...there is much room for improvement...though I do now know what I have to do to improve so that's a good thing...and PLAN....I didn't plan...I just went ahead and entered what I thought....next year I shall make my bears in the Summer...and with planning and extra care with the pictures....who knows.

But I ain't holding my breath!!!

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Hi Tami,
     Both magazines have the entry forms on line and in the magazines towards the later part of the year - September, I think.  You can submit any bear that is made during the current year  that is a new design and hasn't been submitted before.  There are lots more rule than that but that's one of the basic ones.  The deadlines are different for both of magazines.  TB Review is the end of December, and TB & Friends is sometime in January.  You'll have lots of time to catch up on them and you'll be a pro by the next awards!

Hugs,

Brenda

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Kelly, I know what you mean about photos for the awards.  I took my own photos this year, as I left it too late and wasnt thrilled with them.  Last year I had my piece professionally photographed.  I am definitely going to do that for next year - I think it makes a difference. 

Jared, congratulate your mom on her nomimations for me - that's wonderful and you must both be thrilled.

Hugs,

Brenda

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

Shelli,
You really ROCK!!  I hope someday we have a chance to meet each other.  How far are you from San Jose? 

Warmest bear hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

:hug: Shelli, thank you so much for posting this on here  :hug:   And I gotta admit....I was stunned not to see one of your lovely creations up for a nomination....but hey!  Beer, chocolate and a backrub from hubby???  Ooooh, enjoy that to the hilt m'dear...and take an extra sip of beer for me!  bear_rolleyes

As for all our TTers who got nominations ~ CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!  SueAnn, don't you dare place yourself out of the ribbons yet!  You've got just as much chance to win  :hug:

fredbear Fred-i-Bear
Johannesburg
Website

Shelli, If I do not get  nominated, then
1. I will bawl and bawl
2. Decide that the judges are all just too stupid
3. My bears are all stupid
4. I will never again pick up a piece of mohair
5. Throw a teddybear tantrum
6. Then decide that I will make a stunning bear for the next time round just to show them that I can do it.

To all who have been nominated, what a wonderful reward on your hard work. bear_thumb

Lynette

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

First off, Thank you so much Shelli for obtaining the list and posting it for us!   :dance:
I just want to say I proud I am, not only for those who managed to get nominated, but also for those you have the professionalism and courage to enter!  I must say that for the past two years, I have wanted to enter, and I've promised myeslf that I would, and then when it really comes down to it... I flat out turn into the biggest chicken ****, and I don't do it!  Seriously, it takes guts to put yourself out there and enter.  I have so much respect and admiration for you ladies who enter!   bear_wub  :clap:
Shelli... I might just work up the nerve if MY husband promised ME chocolate,  my favorite alcoholic drink and a back rub as a consolation prize!  Now, That WOULD be worth it!
Lucky girl!

Beary truly yours,
Kim Basta
Wild Thyme Originals
http://www.picturetrail.com/bastadolls

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

Congratulations to those who were nominated and also to those who took the time and trouble to enter, without whom there would be no competition.  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

What I want to know is, where oh where are the UK entries?  Are we UK designers getting lazy about entering competitions (I know I am  bear_whistle ) or are we simply entering, but not receiving nominations?  (Been there too!  bear_cry )

Serious competitions are great for enervating the industry - I know I feel the need to lift my game whenever I see such inspirational workmanship ...  bear_thumb

Deb Upstate New York
bearlyart wrote:

I think Jenny's and Nancy's submissions were for the TOBYs as opposed to the Golden Teddies.  They may get to sit on pins & needles for a few more weeks (month? how much longer until the TOBYs are determined, anyway?).

AHHH ... still ...

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Thank you so much for posting the list Shelli.  I am sure that took quite a while to type all of this up. :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

After seeing my competition I am not as confident. :redface: But  I am still very overwhelmed to be nominated.

Hey Shelli, just remember the Golden Teddy Award you recieved last year and you have only been in the business for just over a year when you entered.  That is almost unheard of and is a HUGE accomplishment.  I know I will never forget Chauncey. :clap:  :clap:  bear_wub  I know it doesn't take the place for this year but I know there are big big things in store ahead of you.  You are a rare breed. bear_original

I am thrilled for your mom , Jared bear_original   I am sure you are too. bear_original

:hug:  :hug:

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

I am so honored to know all of you that were nominated for awards-  Judi, Sue-Ann, Louise & Garnet.  You are all such incredibly talented and kind-hearted people, who deserve all the recognition you've received !  I wish everyone that entered could win.  All of the photos I saw for entries were beyond anything I could ever create and they truly inspire me to work harder !  I can't imagine having to be a judge. 

Those of you that were overlooked, please don't feel bad ( easier said than done I'm sure, I'd be crying like a baby  bear_tongue ).  Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder and each of use sees beauty differently.  I personally think all of the entries were beautiful, creative and awe inspiring , and deserve awards.   e2grouphug.gif award_003.gif

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

Congrats to all of you! The most important was to enter the competition and all your bears were absolutely gorgeous!

:hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

Congrats to everyone that was nominated fantastic efforts, and well done to everyone that entered.

nettie scotland
Website

I have never thought of entering any of these thingy's  but if Shelly ,Brenda and Kelly didn't get through with their fabby stuff I am going to be childish and not play with these kids.Congratulations and jubilations to all that did get through.

kassiebears Kassie Bears TM/Creations of Mysticism
Oregon

Congratulations Judi, Sue Ann and Louise and all who entered!!!!!!
bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb 

I can only say. What I have seen here on TT. You are all very talented   bear_thumb and I am sure, very proud!!!! I am very happy for you all and pleased to be here.  bear_original

Big Hugs  :hug:
Kassity

starlite Starlite Bears
Renfrew,Scotland

HUGE congratulations to all those who have been nominated
:dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:
I think your work is marvelous
Judi, Garnet and Louise and Sue Ann - special hugs and congratulations to you bear_flower  bear_flower  bear_flower
:hug:

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

Congratulations to Sue Ann, Louise, Garnet and Judi for your nominations!!!  You all must be walking on air  :dance:
Huge hugs
Sarah

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

Thankyou Shelli for posting the list. I didnt realise how interested I was until I started reading.
Commiserations for you. Your work is spectacular. Next year will be your year!! bear_flower
Congratulations to all who recieved nominations.  bear_thumb
Judi, outstanding achievement. !!! Could it be a record do you think?  bear_grin  :clap:

Matilda

Board footer