Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

Deb Upstate New York

Do you have one?  I like Rainforest Cafe .... it's sooo relaxing.

Just curious!

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

WE have one called Sultans tent.
It's Moroccan food, and you get a 'feast' a five course meal. You eat with your hands, and before your meal they come with rose water and wash them for you.

You sit on couches with lots of pillows, in very private booths.

Then at the end of the meal, your waiter puts your glass on his shoe and pours your tea that way. Very cool stuff!!

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Deb, I've never found the Rainforest Cafe to be relaxing... there are always a ton of rowdy kids when we go!! It is a very cool place though!

I like any place with yummy homemade desserts... is that a theme???  bear_laugh   bear_laugh   bear_laugh   bear_tongue

Jo-Ann G Budd Bears Boutique
BC, Canada

Japanese Village.  You sit in a square with the fellow in the middle - throwing & twirling knives, chopping & grilling your food.

Deb Upstate New York
Daphne wrote:

Deb, I've never found the Rainforest Cafe to be relaxing... there are always a ton of rowdy kids when we go!! It is a very cool place though!

Sit closer to the water!  Yeah, there are usually loads of kids there -- probably because it's a very cool place!  I just tune 'em out and tune in to the neat sounds.  I've had 23 years experience tuning kids out ... maybe that's my advantage!  bear_grin

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

I have been at the one in MGM in las vegas several times and I thought it was really
cool.  bear_original

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Dolpins.jpgOOOOOOOhhhh the Coral Reef at EPCOT in Orland Flrodia.  The seating area feels like you are in an underwater cave.  It is dark with blue candles on the tables.  One entire wall is a HUGE shark tank underwater scene with sand, rock formations, vegetagtion....  It's specatcular!   Of course..it's Disney style.  They do everything absolutely top notch..then "plus-it".   Sea turtles, rays,  all kinds of fish, and large sharks swim by creating an unusual atmosphere.  Then, scuba divers make an appearance.  The sharks must be very well feed.

The kids ordered Blue Whale drinks, which was seven -up in a blue glass with a plastic light-up blue ice cube.  Awesome...

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

Judi, I've been to the Coral Reef many times, but I haven't been in a long time.  We go to Disneyworld a lot.  Let me know if you're ever going down again and maybe we'll be there at the same time and I can say hi.   bear_original

My favorite themed restaurants are at Disneyworld.  I love the Bistro de Paris (in France) and Le Cellier (in Canada) in Epcot; these 2 are themed like their countries.  I also love Artist Point in the Wilderness Lodge (like the Northwest) and Flying Fish at the Boardwalk (themed like Atlantic City boardwalk).  We love Disneyworld!

Rainforest is fun.  We have one in South Florida.  Another themed restaurant down here is Benihana, which is Japanese and they cook on your table.  Another is Mai Kai, which is Hawaiian and they have a show where they hulu dance.  But you don't go for the food; you go for the atmosphere, drinks and show.  I can't think of anything else right now.

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

I have a Japanese restaurant near me that they cook on the Hibatchi grill... awesome stuff.. dinner and a show! bear_original  they also have sushi... not my type of meal (but I am allergic to lobster and am therefore afraid to try "new things")

Deb Upstate New York

In all the times we've been to Disneyworld, we've never made it to the Coral Reef.  We end up next door at the The Garden Grill at The Land.  The kids love it ... and their family style menu is excellent.  We're going again in April 2007.  Have put Coral Reef on my to do list!  Chrissie, my favorite place in the whole world is Disneyworld.  The first Rainforest Cafe we visited was the one in Downtown Disney.  Other Disneyworld favorites:  San Angel Inn at Epcot and 50's Prime Time Cafe at MGM.  Good times.

pandamac 'EmBears
Northern New York State
Website

I have never heard of the Rainforest Cafe. Although we have lots of restaurants in this town, we don't go out to eat very often. A really good place (we are going for dinner on Valentine's day) is the Bier Keller at Hohmeyer's Lake Clear Lodge in the Adirondacks. Excellent German food, and a beautiful spot. I guess my favorite restaurant locally is Sabads, Hungarian food..........(actually anyplace we go to eat is my favorite at the time! ) bear_laugh

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Does MacDonald's Count  bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh  Just kidding !

Kelly Blondheart
Colorado Springs, Colorado

They took out our Rainforest Cafe *cries*  but we did eat there in October when we went to Disneyworld.  The Coral Reef was closed down at that point, maybe next time we go they will have it open.  My favorite place is in Denver at The California Kitchen or Cafe or somethin.......If fergit the exact name.  But you go in and it's sorta ultra modern meets tiki cafe and they have a grilled salmon with grapefruit butter that makes ya just want to lick the plate!  It's very relaxing and I enjoy dragging my friends there.  Even my husband, Mr. Meatandpotatosguy likes it.

kathytaylor Ruby Mountain Bears
Northern Nevada, USA

Okay there is this great place Called McGraths, Seafood house. MMMMMM Lobster , crab, Halibut, mmmm. It is decorated like a wharf.
Or then there is The STARR world famous Basque restaurant here in Elko.

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

I like Tex-Mex!!  We have many, many restaurant chains down here that are Mexican food oriented.  One of my favorites is Abuelo's.

Board footer