Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

Deb Upstate New York

Of the short programs, I think I most enjoyed Stephane Lambie of Switzerland, though Yevgeny Plushenko of Russia skated a technically superior program.  How tall is he anyway?

The talented American Johnny Weir .. is a brat, and I'd like to smack 'im.

Deb (waving my Swiss flag)

LynBlair Posts: 139

The talented American Johnny Weir .. is a brat, and I'd like to smack 'im

happy0188.gif I agree, but he skates so beautifully!  Probably the most elegant and talented male skater the US has had for a very long time.  If he could just land that quad we keep hearing about from him, he'd have it all. 

I agree about Evgeny Plushenko, too, but I'm not really fond of his choreography and style.  bear_wacko   I loved Alexei Yagudin, though, so that may be part of it. bear_tongue

Hugs,
Lyn

plushkinbear BEAR ME SHOOTKA
Vladivostok, RUSSIA

:dance:
I watched pair skating and didn't watched men's.. bear_sad
I'm full time office person bear_sad  bear_cry ...no new bears, no TV.. bear_cry

i watched skiing too! WOW!! how do they jump that high?? I always wonder... bear_whistle  bear_shocked

Julia

Deb Upstate New York

Men's alpine ... they're going 70 miles per hour down that hill. 

c029.gif

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

The only thing I've managed to watch all the way through was the Men's Halfpipe (snowboarding) and only because Shaun White reminds me of my youngest son, Taylor, who is very much into skateboarding & recently snowboarding.  My daughter also snowboards (only because her boyfriend drags her to the mountains bear_original )  She claims she spends more time falling off the skylift and leaving face imprints in the snow than actually snowboarding bear_original

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

I only watch the speed skating cos they have such great legs!!!  :redface:

bear_tongue

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Johnny Weir had either a bear or bunny on his lap after he finished skating, I couldn't quite see what it was. To me Plushenko's skating was just fantastic!

Hugs Jane  bear_flower

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

Mind our French ice skater, girls: Brian Joubert will try to get silver medal!

Fingers crossed he manage to reach the podium!!!!  bear_tongue

FRANCE!

bear_whistle  bear_whistle

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

PS: I was proud of our French men in the moguls, but they could not reach the podium: two many great concurents! Americans are really great at it!

ScottBear scott's bears

I would like to "spank" Johnny Wier" to !! ops you said smack  bear_whistle
LOL I am watching every second I can get to but I am pet sitting AND donna has come over to work on bears and outfits for bears so I am missing bits and moments so keep looking!!! I love all out skaters esp johnny as I remember that type of attitude very well ! It keeps many folks away and gives you a feeling of being protected and pushes people away not giving them a chance to be VERY mean to you because your different, as you get a bit older in the gay world you see that you don't need to do that just "live and let live"  or ****-UM !!

BearHugs
SCOTT

LynBlair Posts: 139

That's what I was thinking too, Scott.  He's awfully young and I think he just isn't quite comfortable with himself yet. 

Hugs,
Lyn

Gail Bear With Me Enterprises
Website

If only Emmanuel Sandhu could keep it together we would have the best male skater in the world. It seems he is always playing head games with himself.  Plushenko's skating is technically brilliant but he has no audience appeal. I must admit my all time favourite was and still is Alexei Yaudin
Hugs
Gail

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

I'm same as Julia bear_cry  a full time office person.
Olympic game start around 11pm(LIVE) in here....
I usually go to bed on 10:30pm but now
I'm up until 12:00am but 1hour of TV is
not enough !!  bear_sad  boo hoo

I saw Russian skater Mr. E. Plushenko and his
short program was bravo bravo !!  :clap:

My mom was so exited to see the short program of
"Johnny Weir"(American skater) and said
he is CUTE CUTE CUTE CUTE.....  bear_grin but
she didn't say anything that Johnny was holding
bunny or bear after the program.....  bear_shocked

Daisuke Takahashi is our only 1 men skater and I hope he does his best at out there and just have a fun!  :pray:

Hugs/Marie

Deb Upstate New York

Oh he's cute, cute, cute alright.  I think he puts people off unnecessarily with his attitude though.  It's abrasive.  Love to see him skate though, and he can't run that mouth of his while he's on the ice!  :clap:

Wisdom Bears Wisdom Bears
Ayrshire, Scotland.

Hi all,
          I too have been glued to my seat watching everything.  We too have Scottish Curlers taking part in Men's and Women's Events, and also in the Slalom Sking,with the Baxter Brothers .

Hugs from Bonnie Scotland
   Rita xxxxx

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

You are right guys, you Johny Weir is just an amazing ice skater. I have just seen him on TV. He was just perfect. I cannot say I find him handsome, though, a bit too feminine to me. But the most important is that he is a great ice skater!!!

I fear that our French athlete will have difficulties to be on the podium against him...

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

Not fair! Have you seen that? johny Weir has made a perfect program, almost! he made a wonderful choregraphy, very light way of skating. Looked like he was dancing, flying... But judges gave him horrible marks! I really don't understand! and out of that, one who fell twice got much more higher marks. Where is the logic???

Humm, unfortunatelly, our French Brian Joubert has not been lucky tonight... I guess too much pression from reporters etc... C'est la vie...

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

Deb Upstate New York

Thanks Sophie, I'm going now to see if I can catch some events.

Board footer