Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

iamjan Posts: 21

Copy-of-two-first-minis.jpgCopy-of-2nd-mini.jpgA little better, a little smaller

bear_wacko They'll keep improving?? :pray:

Irene Irenours-bears
France

Surely yes :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Amanda Pandy Potter Bears
Staffordshire, UK

Thats how it goes. Don't go too small so you can keep the detail. I'm still laughing at my first bear, there were lovely comments, but its still awful! bear_laugh

Thanks, I wasn't actually trying to go smaller. I used the same pattern for both.  Just different fur.  I'm actually going to go a little bigger, at least until I get a little better.

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Wow - really cute!!

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Well done!!!

And yes every one you make will be better than the one before.  It may not show to your overly critical eyes, but we will see it, and you will notice it as you make the critter....you will begin to recognize that this one or that one went together easier or that footpad was easier etc.....

keep up the good work.  If you love what you are doing you have no choice but to get better!

dilu

melissa Honeythorpe Bears
Wellington, New Zealand
Website

yup...keep plugging away.  As Dilu said, each one will get better and you'll feel better with each one too.

I'm not sure how little your bear is - maybe 2 inches.  I would suggest practicing at 3 or 4 inches - it's big enough for you to work at details but small enough to have that mini feel.

Keep going!!!   :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Thanks for the encouragment.  I'm going to keep at it.  I'm bound to improve eventually.  And even my not too great bears seems happy to exist.

Board footer