Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

NC-pic-7-IMG_1327.jpgNC-pic-7-IMG_1337.jpgNC-pic-6-IMG_1346.jpgNC-pic-5-IMG_1335.jpgNC-pic-4-IMG_1343.jpgNC-pic-3-IMG_1326.jpgNC-pic-2-IMG_1312.jpgNC-pic-IMG_1315.jpgWe went to North Carolina and Virginia at the end of last month and drove all around the state.  We went to Waynesville, Asheville, Greensboro and Chapel Hill in North Carolina and Richmond in Virginia.  We spent only a night in each place.  We've both been to the 2 states before, but some of the cities we went to were different.   We also stopped at Disneyworld for a night on the way home.  We love Disney.   bear_wub

Here are some pictures.  These are of Smoky Mountains National Park in North Carolina and Tennessee.  Some of the pictures are some animals we saw; we saw turkeys and deer.  We also saw what looked like a wolf, but I didn't think there were wolves in that area.  Not sure what animal it was.

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Where do I go to see the pictures, Chrissie?  Hugs Brenda

OOPs!  Silly me - I guess I didn't wait long enough for all of them to load - I see them now and the scenery is gorgeous.  We've been though both of those states and the scenery really is lovely AND we love Disney too!  Nice holiday for you both - hope you enjoyed it.

Hugs

Brenda

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Pretty!  The first picture looks like a painting, with all those shades of blue.

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

GORGEOUS!!  Thank you for sharing them with us, Chrissie!

Warmest bear hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

bear_laugh I feel like I should be seeing a whisky bottle with all those turkeys!!  bear_tongue

You're correct about it being a 'wolf'...that's a coyote, also known as a 'brush wolf'  bear_thumb

Thank you for sharing the pics...it looks like it was a wonderful roadtrip  :hug:

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Very lovely photos Chrissie.. thanks for sharing with us.
Glad that we are able to have a peek into places, on your road trip.

Hugs
Carolyn

bear_flower

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Gorgeous!

bearlyart Canna Bear Paint
NY

Yup, I agree it's a coyote.  Absolutely beautiful pictures, thank you for sharing them!

bear_wub
Kelly

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

Lovely pics Chrissie - it looks like a wolf don't it? What else could it be? What does a coyote look like?

Thanks for sharing  :hug:

Penny x

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

How beautiful!  What a lovely pic share - thank you!!!  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Bumpkin Bears Bumpkin Bears
Antwerp, Belgium

coyote.jpgTotally gorgeous Chrissie,  I know how you would think that was a wolf - we had the same experience in Canada (Banff) last year on holiday - I thought I saw a young wolf but think he was a coyote!  I'll try and find a photo I took and attach with this, to see if you think it was the same as you saw.  Very exciting to see in the wild bear_original  Thanks for sharing those beautiful photos with us bear_original

Hugs
Catherine

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

Glad to know it was a coyote!  I saw a coyote years ago when I was in one of the national parks out west (I want to say Yellowstone, but I can't remember), and I've never seen a wolf in the wild so I should've guessed a coyote instead.  Thanks everyone.  And thanks for the picture, Catherine.   bear_original

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

We have coyotes up close and personal.  Because of the draught here, the wildlife is coming into the neighborhoods looking for water.  Three days ago, I was sitting at my sewing machine, looked up to see a large, thin coyote looking at me from the back yard.  We just stared at each other for a second, then he trotted off into the back woods.  Yikes!!!  I ran around the house checking to see that all of the cats were inside . . . and they were, thank goodness!  Then yesterday, Paul saw one two houses down, just trotting down the street.  I love all animals, but these guys I could stand being a little further away!

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Sue Ann, I love wildlife too, but it is a little unnerving when they can eat your family pets!  As I mentioned in another post, we have Fishers and they think cats are appetizers! 

Hugs,

Brenda

Board footer