Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Have any of you seen or done needlefelted pictures?

I was looking for a needlefelting pattern on eBay and came across this:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Sheep-Pasture-Pictu … dZViewItem
I've never heard of doing such a thing before.

I guess needlefelting can be endless!!!

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Yeah, I've heard of this. DIdn't interest me too much though. If I can't cuddle it..............LOL

Really, if it's wool you can felt. I just made a bag that was knitted then felted. Very cool stuff. I imagine I could also needle felt stuff right onto the bag if I felt to inclined.

But, to make a picture, 1st you need to make a flat piece of felt, and That I have a hard time with. I find it hard to get it firm. I was trying to make one to turn into dragon wings and it's not working too well.

Okay, now I'm rambling.........must.............stop................................ bear_wacko

makafelts Charlotte Des Roches Designs
Adkins, Texas

Daphne,
When I first started exploring needle felting, one of the things I found was this link...
http://www.peak.org/~spark/gallery.html
This lady does some incredibly beautiful flat felted work...

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Wow! Amazing.

Guess I ought to work on getting these dumb bunnies felted before I go getting other crazy ideas!!!

Adkins, Texas

Daphne,
lol oh yea...the movie bunnies...hey...but at least you have something to look forward to after...Hope that project is going ok...my co-basketweaver works on movie sets...doing painting & plastering...I understand how...ahemmm ...interesting it can be to try to please those "movie folks"!!!

SunnieOne Sunnie Bears
Ridgecrest, CA

do I detect needle felted ATC's in the future??
Sonya

Adkins, Texas

There are bells ringing in my head now...NF ATCs...hmmmmmmmmmm bear_flower  bear_thumb

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

WOW Charlotte, amazing stuff. Thanks for the link. Needle felted ATC's would be wonderful.
I've seen needle felted critters on baby blankets. But up til now I really didnt pay too much attention.
I always wanted to do that type of felting on my paw pads. But with so much else I want to do..............
bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_wacko

Board footer