Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

Dilu Posts: 8,574

DSC01784-2.JPGDSC01781-2.JPGDSC01782-2.JPGDSC01788-2.JPGI have spent the last 2 hours trying to get a good picture for you.....and none of the pictures i have taken do this little bearykins justice!

This is my swap bear from     SANDI

She is croceted; the yarn is 100% angora and the stitches so tight and even I'm in awe! I have played with angora yarn and was frustrated to tears.  And yet this little girl is perfectly formed and balanced. Then she was so carefully stuffed, to better firmness than I have ever achieved.  (I will do better from now on-now I know what firm REALLY is.  However her firm stuffing did NOT pull the crocheted stitches out of place, I know only too well how difficult this can be. 

She has hand painted eyes that look like they are 2 or 3 mm and yet the painting is precise and perfect.  Again I am astounded.

Then! she has a crocheted collar that is so delicate, and has tiny seed beads sewen around it.  You want to know how delicate?  She used 2 strands of DMC ( the best!) embroidery floss.I have done things using all 6 strands, but 2?!  The collar itself is a work of art!

Now, no we aren't done yet, she has a shamrock embroidered on her foot.  But not just embroidered, perfectly beautifully embroidered with such tiny stitches one can hardly see the in and out of the needle...

Unbelievable!  This bear is so perfect that she truly took my breath away!,

My hubbers thought I was ill or something because I was just sitting here with my mouth open not breathing at all!

And she came with her own artist trading card!  What a clever idea, Sandi, do you mind if we copy you?  The card is adorable!

Truly Sandi, I am humbled by the quality of your work.  And, I am awfully glad I got to experience it!. 

And so fully endorce your artistry. Wow!

Thank you!

dilu, in shock and awe!

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

She is a fluffy beauty!!! I am in awe of anyone who can crochet a bear, I can barely make a scarf!!!!!

kassiebears Kassie Bears TM/Creations of Mysticism
Oregon

Dilu, wow 

She is so cute! The pictures I am sure don't do her justice, but the description is great. Sandi wow!  bear_thumb  bear_thumb 
That 100% angora is gorgeous! Were can I get some? *grin* Pretty Please!

You are all so lucky to be able to share your bears. I think this is so cool!!!

Big Hugs
Kassie

kassiebears Kassie Bears TM/Creations of Mysticism
Oregon

P.S Dilu

You got my attention with

Oh my Goodgollygoodness

bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin

I was like - Oh What - What - What..... ????  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

Wow!  What an incredible little bear, Dilu.   bear_wub  She's just adorable, Sandi!!  Lucky, lucky, lucky, Dilu.  I'm so jealous!

Warmest hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

Ah!  bear_shocked I'm another speechless....she's just amazing!!!!  She's exquisite as it is, but then to imagine her so diddy.... Oh Dilu, I'm sure you'll treasure her for years to come  bear_wub

:clap:  :clap: Well done Sandi!!!  :clap:  :clap:

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

She's great, Dilu!  You're lucky!   bear_original

Sandi.S. Posts: 1,277

Dilu, I'm so happy she finally arrived! Poor little thing was probably on her last breath in that cello bag!

I am so glad you like her! Thank you for all of the kind words...made me feel all fuzzy inside knowing that she made you happy. bear_wub

Sending the card along wasn't an original idea though, I believe Nancy has been sending them with her friends for a while.

And Kassie, I cannot find any place that I can actually buy angora yarn in person, so every bit I have has come from ebay.

Marion Acid Attic Bears
Versailles

bear_wub
Sandi, she is is fantastic ! I've never seen a crocheted bear "in the yarn" : it must be soooo impressive ! I understand how you reacted, dear Dilu !  :hug:
Hugs all,
Marion  :hug:

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

What a doll!

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_shocked Wow, Dilu & Sandi--she's A-mazing!  bear_wub

Sandi, her collar looks tatted. Is it?

Eileen

Wisdom Bears Wisdom Bears
Ayrshire, Scotland.

Oh Dilu, you must be so happy with her. She is absolutely perfect.  You will love her forever.  Hugs Rita xxxx

Acipenser Bine-Teddies
Stockholm

Wow, I'm in love. Lovely bear.  :clap:

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Eileen, her tiny collar is actually crocheted, and I think it was with just 2 strands of DMC embroidery floss.  Can you imagine?!

The ted still takes my breath away!

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Sandi, she is amazing.  I can't believe she is crocheted, she looks like fabric.  You did an amazing job !  Dilu is a lucky new mom  !    :clap:

Sandi.S. Posts: 1,277

Yep, the collar is crocheted. I don't have a clue how to tat.

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Sweetest little bear and no wonder you are so happy Dilu.
Amazing work, Sandi.

Hugs
Carolyn
bear_flower

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_original Wonderful crocheting, Sandi! It's all so delicate and tiny!

I tried tatting several times, every session ending up in tangles and profanity. The little shuttle is quietly rusting away in a drawer, but I wshould probably throw it out before I'm tempted to try again.

Judi would know where to find Angora yarn online. I've never seen it in a yarn shop, but our Angora bunny's coat used to spin itself into yarn-like tangles if we didn't brush her at least once a day.

Eileen

Jennskains Posts: 2,203

Sandy, I am in awe!  Someday I hope my bears can be as good as yours :hug: " Sigh"

Board footer