Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

millie PottersHouse Bears
Ohio

I have received an email inviting me to list in Hugglets.  I believe it is a teddy bear guide published in the UK.  Are any of you familiar with this publication?

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Great question; I got that email too.  If anyone knows anything about this guide -- calling all you UK/European bearmakers here! -- please advise.

bearlyart Canna Bear Paint
NY

I also got this... and know nothing about them.  Anyone got the dirt on Hugglets???

Kelly

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

gbrame - I just checked out your website - I absolutely love the bear on your home page!

Amanda Pandy Potter Bears
Staffordshire, UK

Hugglets is a well known guide in the UK. Here is the link so you can check it out for yourselves.
http://www.hugglets.co.uk  (I'm not sure how to do links) You can see an example of the guide for yourselves. You can usually get the guide at fairs and bear shops.

Christine Christine Pike Bears
Norfolk, UK
Website

Hi Guys,
I honestly don't think it would be worth your while to advertise in the guide - unless you take out the minimum lineage ad.  I really don't think the collectors read it - it's only useful for us artists to find each other, haha!:D

If you're in the UK you kinda feel obliged to be listed 'just in case' - but for you guys, I just don't know that it would be worth it.  In 11 years of advertising I have had two enquiries that came my way through the guide...

Hugs,
Chris

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Sorry to differ Chris but I have had quite a few contacts through my free advert in the Hugglets Teddy Bear Guide and some sales. I don't pay out for 1/4 pages or anything at all, I just have the free advert of name, address, website details, phone number and just five discripive words. That is all I have ever done and seeing as it is such a small addition to the guide I am pleased to say it has bought traffic to my website and pennies to my pocket.
Hugglets also have two great shows each year in Kensington, London the next being on September 4th. These are shows I never miss and the guide is there on sale and can be found at all the good shows plus at some shops, even our little teddy shop in Aylesbury sells them. I don't see any reason not to take out the free advert  at least...it works for me!
Jane

Wisdom Bears Wisdom Bears
Ayrshire, Scotland.

Well, Divided views here ,I have been in Huggletts Guide for over 8 years ,some with pictures some without and in that time I only ever sold 1 bear through the guide.Sorry Jane, I have to agrree with Christine on this one.   Hugs Rita xxxx

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

I got the email too.  I am going to do it and see what happens.  The fee is minimal and if I don't receive any contatcs then , well, I'll move on.

Christine...I WANT THE BEAR IN YOUR AVATAR!!!!

I HAVE TO GET OUT OF HERE>>>>I HAVE A PLANE TO CATCH!!!!!!!  I am really gonna miss this place

ellen ontario, canada

GBRAME - ditto!
i LOVE LOVE LOVE your bears & friends.  (and your website is fabulous!!)
great job!
their faces are SOOOOO sweet.
bear_original

millie PottersHouse Bears
Ohio

I think I'll give it a shot also.  The fee is small and I figure it's worth a chance.  I've not done too much in the way of advertising yet so I have a question.  Does anyone here have brochures to hand out at shows or do you just do business cards?  I have business cards but was wondering if I need to do more.  In some of the articles I have read they mention brochures.

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Yes, Nina, I print brochures on my printer of the available bears I have for adoption and have them on my table at shows for anybody to pick up.  I also get an occasional phone call requesting a brochure . . . mainly from people who don't have a computer or access to the internet.  If people are thinking about one of your bears for adoption, they find it helpful to have a photo reminder of what it looks like.  At shows, people spend hours going around the showroom several times trying to make up their minds about which bears to buy.  So, if I can help them out a little, I will!!

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

Hi All,

Just want to put my opinion forward. Most advertising is expensive and in my own personal experience is NOT WORTH IT - quality of workmanship is what counts. You may need to work on eBay or on building a website or attending fairs but there is nothing like the quality of your work doing the advertising for you. I have'nt advertised because i never could afford the ridiculous fees but i only have one bear remaining for sale ( and that's probably because i'm a rubbish photographer ) and Hugglets is a just one of many emails i've received in the past few weeks.

Why spend money on HUGE ads when you can spend the money on mohair!!!!!!!

Beary people and collectors don't buy bears cos they've been advertised in mags etc. They buy bears because the bears are good

Just me opinion old chaps

Pennypoodles bear_tongue

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

I agree with Penny and I do not spend a huge amount on advertising...don't forget though the Hugglets guide has a free advert in it and as I said earlier it has worked for me.

Jane

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

How do you go about getting the Free advert Jane?

Danni

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

Hi Danni, Just go to http://www.hugglets.co.uk/ an you will see:
"How can my business be included in the 2006 Guide Click on it and then on the next page see 'Businesses in other countries' You can also email for information and ask for an invite to advertise in Hugglets teddy bear guide at
info@hugglets.co.uk
I hope this helps!

Jane

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

I got ane mail from them, asking me to advertise, but said a basic listing (bout a line I think) is 10pounds..

Just wondering how to go about getting a freebie LOL

Danni

Board footer