Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

I'm finally back from a week of house hunting, and we are waiting to hear if they will accept our conditional offer for a house we like.  It's an older house but has almost everything we were looking for.  It would be super if you could all keep your fingers crossed for us to sell our house quickly.  I also came home with antibiotics for tonsillitis and have badly swollen glands.  First time in my life I have needed antiobiotics for a silly cold.  My glands are so swollen I was beginning to think I might have a mild case of mumps.  So much for getting easter bunnies made!!!

Hugs,

Brenda

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Hi Brenda, I do hope that you are soon feeling well again. Good luck with the house I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Hugs Jane  bear_flower

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Good luck with the house Brenda - I hope that it all works out for you.
Sorry to hear that you have not been well and get well soon.

Hugs
Carolyn
bear_flower

nettie scotland
Website

Poor wee Brenda!!!You are probabaly run down and tired.I have everything crossed for the new house.How old is it???I hope it has a nice garden for you and the cats.
Drink lots of water and try and eat some healthy stuff!!!
Diane xxxx

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

Oh,I'm crossing fingers for your house  :pray:  Just keep in mind, if it's meant to be,it will be. One of the teachers I work with was so disapointed when she lost her "dream house" to another persons offer but a few weeks later she found a house that she liked even more and she is very happy there.

Hope you feel better soon, Brenda. Rest and take care of yourself. We tend to get sick when we are stressed and you need to listen to your body. :hug:   :hug:   :hug:   :hug:    :hug:    :hug:

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Brenda,

Sorry to hear about your cold and tonsilitis. Though I had my tonsils out when I was a kid they grew back when I was in my 20's and I've had tonsilitis a couple of times now. Not fun. I hope it goes away quickly.

How exciting you've found a house. I do hope it all works out for you! Such an exciting and nerve-racking time!!! Keep us posted!

Hugs and Prayers,
Daphne

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

Daphne I've never heard of anyone's tonsils growing back...are you sure they took out the right thing?   bear_rolleyes   

I am sorry to hear you're so under the weather, Brenda, as the others have said, it will be because you're so stressed just now.   Take good care of yourself, and keep warm  :hug:

I'll keep everything crossed that this is your 'to be' home  bear_flower

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

Get well soon, and I hope you get the house you want!!!!

Thanks for all the good wishes!  I am definitley taking advantage of a clean house and no one to look after - I'm going to nap the week away, or until I feel better.

Daphne, I know what you mean about re-growing tonsils. My daughter, Sarah, and our grandson also are on antibiotics for tonsilitis.  Sarah was a little surprised as she had them removed in grade nine, but has apparently grown a nice new set, much to her disgust LOL!   Apparently, if all of the root isn't removed, they can grow back.  When Sarah's were removed, they were so bad they were disintegrating and apparently they couldn't have removed all of the roots and now she has a nice new pair!

Hugs,

Brenda

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_original Crossing all crossables for your new house here . . .

Tonsils grow back?! Why can't the good stuff grow back instead! ?

Eileen

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio
Eileen wrote:

bear_original Crossing all crossables for your new house here . . .

Eileen

bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin
That's so funny!  I've got everything crossed as well for ya!
I'm sick too..... really bad head coald.... I can just feel a sinus infection starting as well!  UGGG..........  My hubby went to the store to pick up my favorite brand of OTC sinus medicine.... and guess what all the pseudoephedrine has been replaced by some other drug... it doesn't seem the same to me either....  bear_angry

Kim Basta
Wild THyme Originals

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Big congrats on your new house, Brenda . . . hope you're feeling better!

Thanks for all the good wishes and I'm sure it will help!  We just got word that our conditional offer was accepted and now we have until May 31st to sell ours. 

Kim, I'm sorry you have a cold - I've never had a sinus infection (maybe I shouldn't say that either).  Why is it as soon as we find something that really works, they go and "improve" it, only it never works as well!!!!  Hope you feel better soon.  I have literally slept round the clock since going to bed last night.  I was on the couch this afternoon and started three shows on TV, only to wind up sleeping through the end of them.  I'm happy to report that I was able to eat scrambled eggs for supper, first solid food I've been able to swallow since Wednesday, so the antibiotics are definitely working Yeeaaay!

Hugs,

Brenda

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Congrats on the house!!!
I'm sure you'll sell your house within 2 months!!! My crossables are crossed too! :)

I'm sorry to hear that tonsils growing back has happened to someone other than me but at the same time I'm relieved as no one else has ever heard of such a thing. I'll never forget how shocked I was when the doctor told me my tonsils were irritated.... Um, hello? I don't have them!!! Haven't since I was 7 years old. Are you really a doctor??  bear_laugh   bear_wacko

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

CONGRATS  bear_original

Now comes the dreaded part, MOVING!  bear_happy

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

Ooooh...how fun.  I love the new house feel...the moving...not so much...but once you get there and are finding a new home for all your stuff...I just love that part.

Good Luck...get well!!!

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Oh Brenda congratulations!!!!!!!!!!

Good luck on selling your house... you can do it... we did ours in a month bear_original  (and at Christmas time.. the worst month for selling a house!)

Keeping everything crossed for you.... well, except for my eyes... I need to be able to see to sew and drive  bear_grin

Oh Kim, I know what you mean....

and guess what all the pseudoephedrine has been replaced by some other drug... it doesn't seem the same to me either....

In Illiniois we still have the ability to get the good old drug... we only have to go to the pharmasicts counter, give him our drivers license, and sign... (LOL... "only")

Jo-Ann G Budd Bears Boutique
BC, Canada

Congrats on the new house!

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

I hope you feel better soon.   :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Keeping my fingers crossed for your house!

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Wow.  Nothing like packing up everything you own; putting your house on the market; AND being sick, simultaneously.  That stuff goes together like fish and bicycles.

Fingers crossed and warm, hopeful wishes sent, that you both 1) get better and 2) get your house sold ASAP, so you can safely and securly pursue your new house!

I know the stress of that hideous wait period, as does every homeowner.

Good luck!

Board footer