Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

kassiebears Kassie Bears TM/Creations of Mysticism
Oregon

Hi everyone,

Are any of you going to the Bears & Fairytales in Lincoln City?
I am going and I am very excited about it.  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:

Let me know if you are going.

Hugs Kassie

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

What is the Bears and Fairytales Kassy?

Oregon

Hi Penny,

Oh sorry - it is put on by the Portland Paws Convention. Pat Moore is the coordinator.

Kassie

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

Hi Kassie,  bear_flower
I'll be there!!  I'm attending as an exhibitor and collector.  Have you ever been to this convention?  I attended for the first time last year and enjoyed myself immensely.  The setting is fabulous....right there at the ocean.  The artists attending last year were just the most wonderful, genuine and helpful bunch I've met. 

My recommendation would be to go a day or two before the convention starts.  That way you can poke around the shops and the beach beforehand.  Never having been before, I took the time to do that during the scheduled classes and I missed out on some great classes!

If you have any questions about the show, just drop me a line!! 

Warmest bear hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

Winney Winneybears and Friends
White City, Oregon

Yes..tell me and us all about it !!!! I usually go to the convention every year at Lincoln City but that's in Oct. I think...someone set me right as I did not go the last 2 times, I was too sick. I wannna gooooo .... Winney

Oregon

(awaiting response for you when you get back)  :hug:
Hi Aleta,

Wow! It sounds wonderful! I have never been there before this will be my first time. I am very excited and look forward to going.
I look forward to meeting you Aleta. That is going to be so great!
I will talk to you more about it when you get this post.

Hugs
Kassie

Portland, Oregon
Website

Hi Winney,  bear_flower
First let me say, I'm so happy to see you posting again!   bear_original  bear_original   Yes, the Lincoln City, Oregon show is in October.  The dates this year are October 6th, 7th, and 8th.  That's a Friday, Saturday and Sunday.  Convention activities are Friday and Saturday.  The Public Show and Sale is on Sunday.  One of the fun things about attending the convention is that as a conventioneer you get first preview and pick of the artists bears before the public show on Sunday. 

There are scheduled classes you may take if you choose to.  There is also a lovely banquet dinner where everyone dresses up a bit.  This years theme is "Bears & Fairytales".  Artists are encouraged to expand this theme into their attire and into their bear displays.  Even the collectors get into the theme.  It's really a lot of fun. 

I had the best time last year!  The theme last year was Hollywood movies.  Several artists dressed up as their favorite movie star or movie character.  It was great to see artists have so much fun with the theme. 

This convention is the Portland Paws biggest fundraiser of the year.  Last year the money generated from this fundraiser went to the Lincoln City womens shelter.  If artists or collectors would like more information please contact me.  I'd be happy to put you in touch with Pat Moore, the promoter of the show and a Portland Paws member herself.

Aleta

Portland, Oregon
Website

Hi Kassie,  bear_flower
I look forward to meeting you too!!  Have you signed up as a Portland Paws member?  If so, I'll probably see you at the annual picnic at my home in July.   bear_original  bear_original

Warmest hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

White City, Oregon

Yahhhh !!! And now tell us about the picnic at your house in July ? Sounds very wonderful Alita.
Do we need to bring some things to the picnic? To eat or to show?...he, he..

Alita, are you going to have a table  of your bears to sell at the show? I hear its hard to get one...they sort of have their pick of  artists of who they want to have,,,,and  then there is only just so much room.

I love where they hold the show,beautiful coast.... It makes a nice min ivacation for me and hubby...and now I have some time to save up for it...can't wait !

Intercal and Edinburgh are always there with their wonderful furs...so you get to touch and feel the fur ! 
I love getting around to all the artists to see their bears  and visit with them...this is one show NOT to miss!.Winney

Portland, Oregon
Website

Hi Winney,  bear_flower
Yup!  I'm going to have a table at the show.  You know, I don't know if the show is filled or not.  Last year I got right in.  New artist applicants are required to provide photos to maintain the quality of the show.  That much I do know.

The location of the show really is beyond compare.....right there on the ocean.  My husband and I had a room on the ocean side and it was just beautiful!!  To watch the waves come ashore while drinking a mornings cup of coffee was just divine.  To have a sniggle of an idea of what it must be like to live on the beach.....just amazing!

Now let's see.....the picnic.  Last year picnic attendees brought a favorite dish to share.  A salad or dessert.  The main course will be provided.   bear_original   I do hope to see you here in July!!!    bear_original   Oh, and yes!  Bring a bear to show.  It is, after all, a teddy bear picnic!  Last year we had a contest for best dressed picnic attire for a bear. 

Back to the convention for a minute.....yes, there are representatives from Intercal and Edinburgh at the Lincoln City show.  It's a great time to look at new qualities and colors and pick up some supplies!!  It's always fun to look at the mohair in person.  You just can't always pick up the nuances of a particular mohair on the web.

Any more questions?   bear_original  bear_original  bear_original

Aleta

clare14 Country Bears
England

Awww you guys.........

Right that's it, I'm emigrating, what do I need to do.......??

Have lots of fun, and please take pics......   bear_wub  :hug:  :hug:

White City, Oregon

OKe Doh Ke.... I will plan on  being there ...God willing if I am not sick again with the COPD...I am trying to build my immune system up. I will just think positive here...I WILL BE THERE ! THERE !...HOw about some of the other gals from this part of Oregon and N Calif ...yall going to try and come ?...Winney

Oregon

cool - ....... I sorry I am just typed out.....I will post tomorrow.
I am so glad to hear I will meet some of you there...... :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:

Hugs Kassie

Board footer