Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

kassiebears Kassie Bears TM/Creations of Mysticism
Oregon

Hi everyone,

WildCatDancer wrote: Oh my goodness, am I glad to see other Oregon ladies here. I have been so unsuccessful at finding anything on the internet, but I knew you had to be out there! I live in the country about half way between Salem and Mill City.

I loved the snow, I didn't have to go any where. Now, I'm ready for spring!

I read this post in one of the post from last week and thought it would be a nice idea to share where we are all in the Oregon area. No addresses are required.  bear_grin  bear_grin 
Just to get to know you better. Maybe some of us are close enough to each other to meet and share some time together. 
I will start. 

I am in Salem South near Turner. I am about 5 miles out of downtown.
Wildcat we are very close to each other. If you ever want to get together and meet that would be very nice. 

I know there are more Oregon gals out there - Portland - Lincoln City - Backwoods of Oregon ? -  not sure were that is  bear_grin  but those Gollies sure are sweet.
etc. etc.

So girls come out and meet your neighbor. 

Hugs Kassie

Winney Winneybears and Friends
White City, Oregon

I live in White City......that's right next door to Medford in southren Oregon.

I use to live in Sweet Home and Lebanon in the Willamette Valley for years...my son still lives near Sweet Home. If we  get down there I will certainly keep you in mind for that picnic ! ...There are more of us here...come on everyone !
                                                                                                             .....Winney

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

Picnic?  Did somebody say picnic?  Have I got a picnic for you!  The annual Portland Paws Teddy Bear Picnic will be held at my home on July 29th, 12:00-3:00.  We'll have our picnic by the pool and guests will be able to tour my studio if they'd like.  It's going to be great fun!!

If you have any questions, or would like more information regarding Portland Paws, you can post here or PM me. 

Warmest and biggest bear hugs,
Aleta

Oregon

Hi everyone,

Picnic- That sounds like alot of fun, Aleta. I'll be there!
Wildcat & Winney,  we are so close. I would love to get together.   I look forward to meeting all of you. Wildcat - shopping? I love going shopping for bear stuff. pm me when you are ready - and Winney if you ever want together just pm me. Aleta - you too. I know you are a little further away, but maybe we could meet half way.
Anyway it is cool we are all so close.

Big hugs
Kassie

SunnieOne Sunnie Bears
Ridgecrest, CA

WAAAAH!!! How come no one but me lives out in the middle of the freeeeekin Mojave Desert where it gets 115 degrees in the summertime which is about 9 months a year?? Come on... I wonder why??
Sonya

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

Sonya,  bear_flower
You could drive or fly up and join in!!!  We'd love to have you!!

Warmest bear hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

P.S.  I'll take my occassionally rain soaked Oregon weather over 115 degree heat any day!!  Yikes, that's hot!

White City, Oregon

Yeah Sonya...common up here , you can get out of that July hot hoie for at least awhile!

I really think you aught to come up here in Oct. to the Lincoln show..you will never want to go back home after being at the Oregon Coast..I use to live in PIco Revira , Camp Pendelton Vist..areas where it got soooo hot...but I believe the Mohave Desert has anyplace beat for heat...it just makes me sick and drains me out flat...he, he...Winney

White City, Oregon

Hey Wildcat...someone else lives there in the Willamette Valley...can't remember who but she is on ths board...escapes me for  now...

We are not quite as wet here in the medford area , it's more like N. California weather..but it does get hot usually for at least 2 weeks out of the year. last year was almost unbearable...reminded me of Mohave...agh! My brother lives up in Forest Grove , his weather is also wetter. I have a place to stay there ( free) if I go up to Portland for anything.

Hey...I'd better get off here and work to finish my web site so I can sell some bears..thats what will pay our way to the show in Lincoln City and to the picnic...Wa-hoo!! ( Is that how you spell it?)....Winney

SunnieOne Sunnie Bears
Ridgecrest, CA

Gosh Ladies! Sounds inviting.. but I do kind of like the heat. My hair goes STRAIGHT in the rain. STRAIGHT! did I mention it goes straight? lol... actually my boyfriend is from Seattle and he has been here for about 5 years.. Now he is getting transferred back to Seattle. He wants me to come up when I retire from my govt, job here.. but I dunno. He says he will build a house there for me and a bear workshop. ( and get mar... marrr .... marrri.... marrrriiiieee..... um.. spit it out... married... cough.. YIKES,,, ) but I dunno.. I wanna see the bear workshop first.. lol
Sonya

Oregon

Sonya - you crack me up. did you say your hair goes STRAIGHT? Let me read that again. Yup thats what you said. Well - I wish that was my problem. Ever since I moved to Salem my hair has been a figgen freak show! Natural curly hair and rain just do not mix - I 'll tell ya! I have very long hair and it just goes nuts.
I'll trade you...... *grin* hahaha!

- see the bear workshop first. too funny  bear_grin
hey girls lets plan for this when the weather gets better or when ever.
hugs Kassie

SunnieOne Sunnie Bears
Ridgecrest, CA

laughin here.. and thanking my lucky stars that he doesn't know anything about teddy talk. lol
Sonya

Oregon

too funny Sonya -  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin

Hey have to started a bear with the fur yet? I am dying to see what you do with it!!!!
bear_original

hugs Kassie

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

Hey Wildcat...someone else lives there in the Willamette Valley...can't remember who but she is on ths board...escapes me for  now...

It's ME...it's ME!!!

I live about 15 miles east of Albany between Lebanon & Scio!!!!

Oregon

cool Shantell!!!!  bear_original this is great we can all get together some time.  bear_original  bear_original  bear_original

The other girls are going be excited.  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:
I got to get back to work - I will check back later.

Hugs
Kassie

SunnieOne Sunnie Bears
Ridgecrest, CA

Kassie, I haven't started anything with it yet because I have been working on my URSA entries. But I did make a nunny around Christmas time from the same fur with blond tips, His name was Chubby..
Hang on..
Chubby1.jpg

Sonya

Oregon

oh Sonya he is so cute!!!! Chubby....love it  bear_grin

Wildcat - I really like the name by the way.... bear_grin  anyway - did you say "shopping"
I know just were to take you.  bear_whistle

Sonya looking forward to seeing the bear you make - I am like a cat on a hot tin roof!  bear_grin  bear_grin

night girls
it's late
hugs kassie

White City, Oregon

Wow ! Beautiful rabbit ! He looks so huggable...

Wild Cat ..I know where you live..I use to travel thet Hwy 20 nearly everyday going from Lebenon to Albany ..didn't you see me whizz by ??? He, He,, Scio..ewww do you remember the pig farm along the Hwy there???.. very stinky ,we'd roll up the windows til we passed that part. Kids would squeel like pigs just for fun.
Hey...I want to go shopping...but where is there any fur around Albany ?....Winney

Board footer