Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

i am trying to find out how to dye some wool to needle flet.
Can you help me, please?

Thanks,
Beary hugs,
Sophie.

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

gidday possum. Somewhere on TT needlefelting it has already been discussed. But I gather you cant find it aye?
Nor can I. I am finding the searches gather difficult. haha.
I'll pop back later today when I have more time, and see if you have been answered.
Almost forgot.... I was given unwashed ,uncombed alpaca yesterday to give a try. I'll be popping back later to research what to do with this. It was a lovely gift aye? A total surprise.1  bear_smile   Wendy

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

Is this the post you were looking for ?  http://www.teddy-talk.com/viewtopic.php?id=4046

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

Thanks for the link, but if some people have tried other methods, i would love to know what kind of results you obtained!

i have tried some liquid food dyes: i put a few drops of green dye in about  10 cl of water, added a big full spoon of white vinegar, some salt, mixed all, then put some carded wool inside, then heat for 5 min in the microwave, then let it soaking overnight. I obtained a nice green colour, the same as the initial solution. I now have to work out how to get a dark forest green colour! Maybe I should had some blue in the mix...

Do you think boiling some carded wool is really ok?

Do I need to add vinegar and salt to dye with Tea. What is your own recipe to dye with tea?

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

http://www.peak.org/~spark/dyeingfelt.html

Try the link Sophie. Some one left here at one time and I saved it to favourites.
Never know when things may come in handy. heheahah bear_thumb     Wendyx

Board footer