Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

BearBottoms 'Bear' Bottoms Originals
Ft. Bragg, NC

Hi all,

If anyone has been wondering (which I'm sure you really haven't) where I've been off to lately, I have decided to open an eBay store which, at the present moment has some nice fat quarters of synthetic furs bonded with ultrasuede on the back, but I am hoping to grow over time.  Please do check out what I have for now, if you'd like.  I am hoping to expand over time, and am just kind of getting my feet wet now.  Please do check back in the future, too to see what I've added!

Thanks for your time!  :hug:

Kimberly W.

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

Very nice, Kim!  I will keep an eye open!  bear_original

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Well Miss kimberly aren't you the industrious one!  I think I'll go take a look.

bear_tongue

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Woohoo, Kim . . . I need to take a look, too - congrats, big time!!

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Well done Kim! I have popped you into my favourites so I don't forget to check on what you have for sale.

Hugs Jane.  bear_thumb

Ft. Bragg, NC

Thanks, all of you for taking a look.  I have quite a few things to list here, and am trying to get to it day by day.  Can't forget the furry little creations, too!  bear_happy  If anyone has any tips or feedback, please do let me know, as i've never really done this before.  Don't worry about hurting my feelings!!! You won't!!!

Thanks again!  bear_wub

Kimberly W.

Terrie Terries Bears
Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada

That is good news, Kim!  Good for you, I will put you on my favorites list!

Acipenser Bine-Teddies
Stockholm

Very nice furs Kim. Are they very thick and difficult to sew? I'm asking, because I have seen faux fur with a faux leather backing that was quite thick.

Ft. Bragg, NC

Hi Sabine,

Honestly, I haven't tried the one with the leather backing, but I'll bet it is a little difficult to sew.  The others with the ultrasuede backing aren't too bad to sew; the thing that I liked about it is that I knew that once I put those stitches in place, they weren't going anywhere!  there is absolutely no fraying (being a mini maker, too, I'm bad about sewing too close to the edge) so even if your seam is only 1/2 and inch or less even, it's not going to tear or anything.

I'll bet that if you used a leather needle (I haven't tried it yet) it would sew much easier.  I wonder if sewing this fur is any more difficult than sewing real fur?  Anyone who has experience in this, please do chime in! :)

Good question, though!

Board footer