Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

I have a person who has sent me a Paypal payment for one of my bears.  They are unverified and I believe new to Paypal.  Very nice person, lots of questions and seems fine...no strong red flags.   I seem to recall that some European banks do not verify accounts for Paypal...am I remembering this correctly?

This person is from France.  I'm always a bit nervous when they are unverified and I don't know them.

Thanks,

Shantell

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

I have had that several times too Shantell.  From my experience it has always turned out just fine. bear_thumb   For the most part, buyers are good people.  Don't let a couple of horror stories put you off opening up your market worldwide.

I would make sure you insure your package and get a tracking number if possible.  It varies between countires .  Your post office can help you. bear_thumb

Best of luck! bear_flower

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

I know because i"m canadian, often I show up as un-verified, even though I am.

So I think you're safe

SunnieOne Sunnie Bears
Ridgecrest, CA

If I remember right, I believe Paypal explained once that International buyers will usually show up as unverified. But they have always been okay with me
Sonya

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

As Sonya said Shantell, most non-US buyers will show up as non-verified. Don't worry about it - most of my bears go to homes outside of the UK and most of the buyers are non-verified and i have never had any problems (i suppose i should'nt say that after my recent experiences with eBay should i?).

Penny  bear_flower

Fairybear Wagga Wagga

Hi I buy things via Paypal and am unverified.  I am from Australia - the only reason I am unverified is because I think you have to either give your bank account details or upgrade your account.  But I have my credit card details so I think most people may be in the same boat as me.

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

I'm really not all that concerned.  This person seemed very genuine but then I may just be a big SUCKER!!  I've shipped Sterling off...I sure hope he speaks French or is a quick study.

I just seemed to remember that unverified thing from a previous thread but then I'm traveling backwards with Penny so who knows where it came from.  bear_original bear_original

Thanks ladies...

Board footer