Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Hi, I don't know if you folks are away on holidays or something but we seem to be missing some of the more regular faces......where's Laure and Marion? There may be others that have not posted for a while so come on you folks put fingers to keyboard and lets hear from you!

Jane

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Judi, too! I miss you Sugar Babe!!:(

Glad to see Laura this morning!:)

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Judi is on vacation in Florida and Laure is trying to get ready for the TBAI show.  Don't know what happened to Marion . . . she hasn't been on in ages!  Hope nothing is wrong.  Where are you, Marion??

Dilu Posts: 8,574

I got an e-mail from Laure today.....she sold 3 bears at the show she just came back from and now she is getting ready for the big convention.  She said the market was kind of dead at the show, most everyone only sold 2-3 however one gal sold 9!  Anyway, I asked her to post pictures of the convention etc when she gets back!

you are right about beautiful Marion.  We miss her. 

Penny is still doing gardens....is it still hotter than....in England? 

And what happened to Dale?  Was there too much estrogen here?  It's too bad he doesn't come-

Hmmm  Dilu

Laure Fool's Gold Bears
San Luis Obispo, CA

Hi Everyone,

Just as Dilu said, I'm busy, busy, but want to say 'Hi'.  I'm going to summon all my restraint, and not read any posts besides this one; however, I'm going to pass a question on to you from an enquiry I received.  Someone wrote, asking me if I knew about a bear supply store that is purported to exist in Portland.  If any of you has heard of such a place, I would appreciate a direct email from you, as I'm still "bearing down" here and don't have time to read much.

Thanks, and teddy bear Hugs all around,

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

Yippee . . . we heard from Laure!!  Hope everything is going well with you and thanks for dropping by!  Sorry, but I don't know of a bear supplier in Portland.

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

HELLOOOOO Y'ALL

I'm here i'm here i'm here

Still doing the darned garden - nearly done now though WHOOPEEDOOOOO!!!

Started a new bear today, Gosh i've missed the sewing malarky - might be a while before i finish it though.

Have we heard from Rita? Is she OK after her operation? Someone let me know as i'm having trouble getting through all the new posts that i've missed since last being here.

Pennypoodles bear_tongue

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Rita is over the operation and doing great....but it is always hard when you have serious surgery....she has been posting so she will probably say hay to you....

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Hi there,

Honey I'm home! (Remember that dinasour family on the TV)
I have just had a fantastic couple of weeks holiday. The first week I went down to Tauranga to
my parents and last week we stayed in Queenstown ( a fabulous place down the South Island )
We went skiing up the Remarkable Skiifield which was just so neat.
Had some lovely meals out and did all the touristy things - went to Arrowtown an historic gold mining
town which was ever so quaint. Rode up the mountain in a gondola and luged down!
It is now back home to unpacking and washing and all the chores around the house,
so had better get to it.

Bear hugs
Carolyn

www.draffinbears.combear_original

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

Thanks DollyDilu

Hope that you are well Rita - hope even more that you read this or i'm gonna look a bit of a nut as it don't make much sense out of context - blimey, i'm tired

Love to you Rita

Pennypoodles bear_tongue

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

Carolyn, welcome back . . . sounds like you had a great vacation!  I know you guys are having winter down there now, but it sounds funny to hear you went SKIING!!  We are melting here!

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Ditto what Sue Ann said.  I really need to wrap my head around the fact that the seasons are entirely different right now on the other side of the world.  It's been 105 and above for weeks now.

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Welcome back Carolyn!!!!  Welcome back Penny!

We missed yah both!
Danni

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Thanks to all you lovely Ladies,

Yes, very hard to believe that we had on all our winter woolies and you are over there sweltering
away.
Waiheke Island where we live is actually a whole lot warmer than the South Island so it is not
too bad at the moment.
It is great to be back home and there is no place like home and your own bed!.
Hope that you are all having a relaxing and pleasant weekend.

Bear Hugs
Carolyn :)

www.draffinbears.com

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Hello Everyone,

Carolyn welcome back! I guess you will have
Christmas in Summer then !? :D
We are so hot in Japan now, same as California I think....:cool:

I went to Mt.Fuji( Shizuoka prefecture)last weekend with my mom and here is pics of Fuji and  flower of lotus. :D
Hugs/Marie
Fuji.jpg
hasu.jpg

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

What beautiful photos Marie.

Thanks for sharing!
Danni

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Marie, I'm on the next plane over to visit you.  Get the guest bedroom ready. bear_happy

Geez, but that's a gorgeous snow-capped mountain peak you've got happening there!  Thanks so much for sharing the photos... bear_original

Wisdom Bears Wisdom Bears
Ayrshire, Scotland.

Hi Penny,
                     I'm really doing quite well considering, I only went through my op on the 30th Jun, I got out of hospital for my birthday on 7th July,and I'll never forget that day for the rest of my life. At least I will recover ,all those people that were killed and maimed cannot say that.We can only try and make the world a better place. Glad your gardening is nearly finished, you must be brown as a berry by now?. Thanks for asking after me Penny. Take Care.
                                                         Hugs Rita xxxxx

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

That photo is amazing, Marie . . . very nice shot!!  Thanks so much for letting us see!!  We all wish we were there!

Board footer